Gymnasiums In Chiangmai

PeeKay

I am coming to CM in two days and would appreciate some idea of reasonable gynasiums.

I have to keep up some daily cardio work (Doc's orders), whilst keeping out of the smog/fumes, also Doc's orders.

If my lungs were okay, I'd be happy to enjoy nice long walks, but alas, things are different, so I'm basically looking for somewhere that has treadmills and/or those elliptical butt breaking machines.

I will be staying along Soi 2, off Thapae Road.

Your collective wisdom would be greatly appreciated.

Thanking you in anticipation.

PK.

Try Shangri-La Chiang Mai, 500 bath for classy Gym, salt treated pool, the work.

http://www.shangri-la.com/en/property/chiangmai/shangrila

I am coming to CM in two days and would appreciate some idea of reasonable gynasiums.

I have to keep up some daily cardio work (Doc's orders), whilst keeping out of the smog/fumes, also Doc's orders.

If my lungs were okay, I'd be happy to enjoy nice long walks, but alas, things are different, so I'm basically looking for somewhere that has treadmills and/or those elliptical butt breaking machines.

PK.

Try Shangri-La Chiang Mai, 500 bath for classy Gym, salt treated pool, the work.

http://www.shangri-la.com/en/property/chiangmai/shangrila

PK.

If you want less expensive, the Centara Duangtawan Hotel is closer to your location and has a great pool. It's not nearly as luxurious as the Shangri-la, but there are plenty of treadmills. Definitely hit the Shangri-la of their dinner buffet. You can not beat the variety of food, taste and ambiance for the price.

Actually, my wife just informed me that the Shangri-la is only 100 baht more per day than the Centara Duangtawan. Therefore, I change my recommendation. I had no idea that they were so close in price. The Shangri-la is definitely a much better facility.

Or pay 900 for a month at the Duang Tawan.....

The downside of the Duang Tawan is the changing rooms are full of boys looking for some action, and a bit poky and hot. I can't comment on the Shangri-La as I've never been there, but I stopped going to the Duang Tawan because I always came out a bit hot and flustered, without the involvement of the pretty boys.

The pool area at the Centara Duantawan is in the shade for much of the day and it also has a very shallow L-shaped pool that makes it perfect for young children to play games and and terrible for doing laps or exercise.

Another negative aspect is that another gym with the same owner closed recently and all of their members were switched to the Duangtawan.The place is packed with Thai teenage boys and it is difficult to get a locker and use many of the weights that they like to use.

I am looking for someplace that is better for swimming laps and not so crowded most of the time.

I prefer the Chiang Mai Orchid because of its pool, but feel that it is not safe riding my bicycle there every day

Edited by Ulysses G.