Renewing Your Tax Sticker

I've just realised that my tax sticker is overdue, what do I need to do to renew it?

I searched for an answer, but only found posts about where to put it on your bike.

I seem to remember something about being able to do it at post offices, but are there only certain ones you can use? what do I need to bring?

Thanx!

I seem to remember someone on here saying you can pay at the post office..tried searching for that but the search engine is bad. :)

Also heard you can pay the tax for 5 years in advance ( saw the sticker on some ones bike) but when I asked at the transport office in Chonburi ...they said the only advanced payment option is to pay 3 months in advance of the sticker expiry date and only for one year ????????? :D

To get the tax I believe you have to have evidence that you have the compulsary insurance, your green or blue book.

and the fee.

If your car is over 7 years old or motorbike 5 years old, to get the compulsary insurance you have to have the TorRorOr

( road roadworthiness certificate ) that you can get from a local garage with this sign.

post-2109-1243322952.gif

They really should try and sort out the process of registering new owners, changing provinces paying tax etc

at the moment its a bureaucratic nightmare :D

I seem to remember someone on here saying you can pay at the post office..tried searching for that but the search engine is bad. :)

Also heard you can pay the tax for 5 years in advance ( saw the sticker on some ones bike) but when I asked at the transport office in Chonburi ...they said the only advanced payment option is to pay 3 months in advance of the sticker expiry date and only for one year ????????? :D

To get the tax I believe you have to have evidence that you have the compulsary insurance, your green or blue book.

and the fee.

If your car is over 7 years old or motorbike 5 years old, to get the compulsary insurance you have to have the TorRorOr

( road roadworthiness certificate ) that you can get from a local garage with this sign.

post-2109-1243322952.gif

They really should try and sort out the process of registering new owners, changing provinces paying tax etc

at the moment its a bureaucratic nightmare :D

I think the roadworthiness test is for the Tax, they issued the insurance without requesting to see the bike :D Phuket

They really should try and sort out the process of registering new owners, changing provinces paying tax etc at the moment its a bureaucratic nightmare :)

Never had a problem yet, just sometimes takes a few weeks.

The insurance company has NEVER required this, although they did kindly bring it to my attention that the Transport Department require it.

Never had a problem yet, just sometimes takes a few weeks.

:D not a problem if you don't mind wasting 2 days doing 150km round trip on both occasions not to mention the very unhelpfull government employees at the Chonburi office that seem to delight in sending you off for another copy of this and that

document..luckily for me my better half delt with the bureaucrats ....I did the driving and payments.

Yes I know now that we should have taken the offer at the office out by the regents school ( Pattaya )

when they said they would to do the transfer etc for 800 baht. :)

The insurance company has NEVER required this

Yep sorry, my mistake the TorRorOr is needed for the tax not for the insurance.

Edited by johng