Spare Time At Changi Airport

toytime

Not if you don't want to.

However you most likely need to pick up your check in bags (if you have any) and check them in again in AA desk. I don't believe JS will forward you bags direct to Phuket.

However you most likely need to pick up your check in bags (if you have any) and check them in again in AA desk. I don't believe JS will forward you bags direct to Phuket.

Thanks MJo. Do AA take early check-ins? or would I have to wait until 2 hours before?

Thanks MJo. Do AA take early check-ins? or would I have to wait until 2 hours before?

No idea, better to contact them directly.

Hi toytime,

You can do a Web Check-in from 48 hours and up to 4 hours before the scheduled time of departure. :)

Hi toytime,

You can do a Web Check-in from 48 hours and up to 4 hours before the scheduled time of departure. :)

Provided that you have no check-in luggage, if I'm not mistaken.

Hi everyone,

I am flying into Singapore airport on Jetstar and then out again on Air asia to Phuket about 5 hours later. Am I considered "in transit" for this or do I have to leave the airport?

cheers

Low cost Airlines are "point to point carriers" so you will need to collect your baggages & re-check in. If you self check in online, be sure to print out your boarding pass and take with you as you will obviously need to show it going through immigration & at the boarding gate.

Am I considered "in transit" for this or do I have to leave the airport?

Unsure what you mean exactly by "in transit" but the bottom line is that you'll need to go through Singapore immigrations (inbound), collect your bags, check in for the AirAsia flight, then go back through Singapore immigrations (outbound).

If you are going to be stuck in any airport for five hours Changi is the one to do it in. As you get a 30 day visa on arrival you can take a free bus trip for an hour around the city or to Sentosa Beach. Internet access ( 15 minutes at a time) is free, there is a free cinema upstairs. There are plenty of places to eat, and of all the airport bars in all the world walk into Harry's Bar, slightly expensive, have a drink and you can smoke in there.....Singapore works and so does Changi.

Just be careful if you are leaving from Terminal 3. There is a free bus ftom T1/2. Nothing there until you get through customs. If leaving from T1 or 2 heaps to do.

If you are going to be stuck in any airport for five hours Changi is the one to do it in. As you get a 30 day visa on arrival you can take a free bus trip for an hour around the city or to Sentosa Beach. Internet access ( 15 minutes at a time) is free, there is a free cinema upstairs. There are plenty of places to eat, and of all the airport bars in all the world walk into Harry's Bar, slightly expensive, have a drink and you can smoke in there.....Singapore works and so does Changi.

This maybe true in the main terminal but I believe the op will be in the budget terminal which isn't quite a cosy!

This maybe true in the main terminal but I believe the op will be in the budget terminal which isn't quite a cosy!

Singapore budget terminal is used only by Tiger air and the one from Phils, Cebu ??? So OP will be in the main terminal.

And yes, the budget terminal is actually a nice one. After immigration you have large area with loads of shops food and drinks and prices are quite good. Also free internet terminals etc available. Sure no movies or spa treatments but very nice for a budget terminal. Actually prefer it for the main terminal as everything including the gates and near and it's hassle free and not so crowded.

Thanks everyone for your responses. Another question tho - how long can I leave my bags before I have to pick them up? Can I stay a while in the terminal before I go and get them from the carousel?

cheers