Door Visors

If you park in the sun you can roll down your windows a couple of cm to let the hot air escape and the car will be significantly cooler. With "window awnings" there's no problem with sudden rain and most people won't even see if your windows are not completely shut.

Also in the sudden rain sometimes windows fog from the inside, easy to fix if you can roll down your windows without water getting in.

Also even at this time mornings are cool enough to drive without air-con, less wind and noise with those "door visors".

If you park in the sun you can roll down your windows a couple of cm to let the hot air escape and the car will be significantly cooler. With "window awnings" there's no problem with sudden rain and most people won't even see if your windows are not completely shut.

Also in the sudden rain sometimes windows fog from the inside, easy to fix if you can roll down your windows without water getting in.

Also even at this time mornings are cool enough to drive without air-con, less wind and noise with those "door visors".

I've got them on my Fortuner, never really thought about them much.

I'll start making better use of them now, good tips about the heat being able to escape, cheers Plus. :)

Excellent input, as I had not thought of keeping the windows open a bit for hot air to escape and your other points are good.

Thanks

I've had them nearly 5 years on my civic - yes you can open the window a bit and not have to worry about the rain, but I also find they cut down a lot more light/heat getting inside, and stops a bit of sun getting in your eyes at certain times.

Thinking of getting them myself, do they add any significant wind noise when cruising on highways?

Yes they do.

I have them on my city-car (yaris), but not on my highway cruiser. Love them, can always leave a cm open when park to let humidity and heat escape.

I took mine off because all they did was just add noise while driving. Also they tend to come loose after awhile.

THe ones on the front of the hood really helps though. Especially for those long night drives. Its keeps the bugs from hitting your windshield.

I took mine off because all they did was just add noise while driving. Also they tend to come loose after awhile.

THe ones on the front of the hood really helps though. Especially for those long night drives. Its keeps the bugs from hitting your windshield.

Are they fast and easy to take off and put back on?

Am thinking of having them but would like to remove for long highway trips.

They are glued/scotch tape, so they only come loose if surface wasnt cleaned with alcohol when installing.

They are glued/scotch tape, so they only come loose if surface wasnt cleaned with alcohol when installing.

Thanks Kata