Old Posts

bassep

i am new to this site and not terribly fammiliar with forums in genera. But it seems that all the posts that my searches finds are half a decade old. shouldnt old posts be deleted to save time for people looking for recent info. I can't see why anyone would want to read a five year old help wanted ad!! maybe the site is run by americans since it seems to be nothing but advertisment. if i am missing something plaese let me know, so far i have spent over an hour with ABSOLUTLEY NO USEFUL posts read!!

i am new to this site and not terribly fammiliar with forums in genera. But it seems that all the posts that my searches finds are half a decade old. shouldnt old posts be deleted to save time for people looking for recent info. I can't see why anyone would want to read a five year old help wanted ad!! maybe the site is run by americans since it seems to be nothing but advertisment. if i am missing something plaese let me know, so far i have spent over an hour with ABSOLUTLEY NO USEFUL posts read!!

try this, tell us what you are searching for and we will save you some time.

I have spent over a year on this site and never read a useful post.

:)

Ditto check the year I joined the paranoid TV club

The way I see you have had 227 cracks at it - don't blame us if you can't write anything useful.

try this, tell us what you are searching for and we will save you some time.

Yeah, the only problem with that is the "why don't you search for it" brigade came out in force along with the "Just Google it" boys.

...Some people may find it interesting to search back a few years to see what was going on then.

Absolutely! Keep everything - it has historical value. (Sometimes, hysterical value too. :))

• 2 weeks later...

The way I see you have had 227 cracks at it - don't blame us if you can't write anything useful.

James, he said he hasn't "read" a useful post. Now, the 227 posts he has posted himself are all Gems :)

James, he said he hasn't "read" a useful post. Now, the 227 posts he has posted himself are all Gems :)

Exactly, he has spent a year on this site and found not one post of value, including the 227 he made.

It all depends on your own definition of useful. It's like sitting in a coffee shop with a group of friends and giving them a hard time because they haven't told you anything useful. Pick a subject you are interested in and go to an appropriate forum that suits it. The poor mods are over worked by people who ask silly questions in the wrong forum. I've been guilty of it myself until I finally started to find my way around. Most often if a question is properly phrased and reasonable then it will be answered. That's not ALWAYS the case, but most often it is if a forum is active enough.