Beasties Thunping In My Attic

sbathon

As long as it stays in the roof space then just leave it. Chances are its a Tokay which will be keeping down the smaller bugs and nasties. If it was rats then they would scratch and scamper rather than thump. Just let be until it invades the living space :)

Rats and snakes don't thump around. And they don't normally dwell in attics. Birds flutter around.

Bats do a lot of thumping.

Go outside and stare at the eaves of your house at dusk. You'll see the mass exodus at feeding time. When they return in the early morning they'll make a lot of noise getting settled back in.

No need for poisons. Best to block their return entrances while they are all out at night. Wait until the spring babies can fly (whenever that is, not sure.)

I'd go along with a tokay as well, rats normally run in packs and as someone else pointed out they scamper rather than thump.

Of course the outside bet is that maybe Thaksin Shinawatra parachuted into Chiang Mai and is living in your attic, planning his next dastardly move :)

Had a similar problem last week. Thumping and heavy movement made sleeping at night very frustrating, whatever it was, i wasn't intent on it staying. Turned out after i poked my head in the loft space (daytime of course) i discovered a mound of dropings, BATS !!

I called out batman the next day and they caught the little blighters in a net..

problem solved, thumping gone !!

Anupong

053-390-017