Need To Send 500,000bt To My Uk Account From Thailand

hello people

could some one give me some advice ,

i need to send approx 500,000 bt from my wifes thai bank account,to my uk

bank account,but just need to the fastest,easyist,and cheapist way to do this.

also one more question,could i take this money out of thai in cash,without

any problams from thai auothroties or would i need to declare this to customs officials.

this is not dirty money,can prove wre come from.

cheers

jp

hello people

any problams from thai auothroties or would i need to declare this to customs officials.

cheers

jp

If you brought the money into Thailand legit, then you can send it out legit, just do a swift transfer with the UK bank, its easy.

Could you hand carry it....of course, but it will be quite a stack of money to carry and if caught either end ie in Thailand or the UK, questions will be asked as legally you should be declaring this amount of cash

hello people

cheers

jp

The short answers are no no and no, the longer answers are discussed almost monthly on this forum so you could do a search to find out more, but, in a nutshell:

Cannot take more than 50K in Thai baht out of Thailand, and, sending money overseas from a Thai owned bank account requires the (Thai) sender to meet strict criteria for purpose such as overseas educational expenses etc.

But of course if you transferred the money to your own account and then converted it to foreign currency the process becomes easier. You still have to meet the Thai requirement whereby you cannot transfer more than USD 20,000 equivalent out of the country at one time, without BOT approval.

Edited by chiang mai

if you show that you are married, and the receiving account is on the name yours or your wifes, and you can show where the money came from (i.e. sale of house) there should be no problem at all. my friend just sent himself a large amount (millions) and had to pay only 1500bht for the transfer.

if you show that you are married, and the receiving account is on the name yours or your wifes, and you can show where the money came from (i.e. sale of house) there should be no problem at all. my friend just sent himself a large amount (millions) and had to pay only 1500bht for the transfer.

Indeed that might work, but if you go that route make sure you have blue "tax paid" receipt from the Land Office, the banks will not transfer without it and make sure the receipt value is higher than the transfer amount.

I though that if you were working in Thailand (WP and paid taxes) you could wire it out no problem. Is there still a limit if it is saving aquired while working in Thailand?

I was able to send out 1.3 million Baht by showing my WP, even though my salary is not paid into my Thai account!

Don't know whether there's a time limit in repect of when it was earned though.

I though that if you were working in Thailand (WP and paid taxes) you could wire it out no problem. Is there still a limit if it is saving aquired while working in Thailand?

You can....but you still need to justify why you are sending out ie "family support" oversea's

cheers for the advice umpalumpa

tes we are married and my wife has my surname.

the money has come from the sale of our car,can prove this with original reciept of purchase,and with the sale reciept,just to ask do i need to get money changed in to sterling before i send,

also which bank did your friend use to do this transfer.

we need to do this as we are both moveing back to the uk together.

cheers jp :)

Hey

You can buy € or £ in Thailand if you are willing to travel with the cash as you are allowed to enter Uk/Europe with up to € 7,000 without any justifications.

Of course it doesn't make the 500.000 but it is already a beginning.

Now if there are two of you then you are allowed to bring in the full amount (and of course if you have the paperwork done then no worries at all)

If you can't transfer it out from your bank for whatever reason (it is converted here to sterling, better rate anyway), if that fails you are actually allowed to take out up to $20,000 or currency equivalent (but not in Thai Baht go to one of the big money changers to change the baht to £'s), out of Thailand without declaring it, however at the UK end if you are carrying more than 10,000 Euros or equivalent you have to complete a form,goggle UK Customs Cash Allowance for the form and further details, that is of course per person, always take supporting documents with you just in case there is a problem.

If you have a valid work permit (plus visa, salary slip, etc), talk to you local bank (Bangkok Bank works for me) to set up internet banking account with International Transfer facility. You are allowed 20,000USD per transfer plus there is also yearly limit.

Transfer fee is 300baht.

• 2 weeks later...
Hey

You can buy € or £ in Thailand if you are willing to travel with the cash as you are allowed to enter Uk/Europe with up to € 7,000 without any justifications.

Of course it doesn't make the 500.000 but it is already a beginning.

Now if there are two of you then you are allowed to bring in the full amount (and of course if you have the paperwork done then no worries at all)

thanks for the advice every body.

used yenjit money changer to change to sterling gave me a good rate.

thanks everbody for input. :)