Office Opening Hours

G54

As a general rule, what are the office opening hours in BKK?

No, I do not know - yet - what office or what company, but a general guide for opening times would be helpful.

Thanks

An awfully hard question to answer because it is so broad, but here are some general comments/guidelines:

- banks - normally 8:30 - 3:30, Mon. Fri.

- Govt. offices 8:30 - 4:30, M.-F.

- Post offices - 8:30 - 5:00, M - F, 9:00 a.m. - 12:00 noon Sat.

- Private sector professional offfices - generally, they open and close later than what I was used to in my home country (Canada). There it was usually 8:00 - 4:00, or 8:30 - 4:30. Here it is later, even as late as 10:00 - 6:00, for places that work an 8 hour day.

- large Shopping Malls: approx. 10:30 - 9:00 p.m., but individual stores seem to have the freedom to close earlier if they wish. And, someMalls don't evenn open their doors until 11:00 a.m.

-neighbourhood Big "C", Tesco-Lotus, and similar stores: generally 9:00 a.m. - 11:00 p.m.

- street side small stores: generally 9:00 a.m. - 9:00 p.m. In most cases the owners lives on the premises. After dinner, they may be relaxing in the back somewhere, but will come out to serve customers on demand.

If coming in from out of town, allow plenty of time for Bangkok traffic jams, and don't rely on doing business with anyone just before the close their doors.