Nationwide Building Society

marshbags

I,ve just had this posted on my O.L. Banking and offer it for anyone who is using their N/Wide cards in Thailand.

Please go to the Ref url to follow the actual links that are mentioned :-

http://www.nationwide.co.uk/search/Display...rticle=1259#top

Nationwide Building Society

Last updated: 18/05/2009 11:49:20

Using your Cards abroad

You don't need to tell us you're travelling abroad. Please follow this link to our article We don't need notifying you're travelling abroad, for more information.

Foreign Transactions – Visa charge

For details of charges on foreign transaction, please follow this link to the Foreign transactions page.

Using your FlexAccount debit card or credit card to make cash withdrawals abroad

When you are withdrawing cash from an ATM abroad you will be given the cash in the local currency. The transaction will be converted to sterling on the date the transaction is debited from your account, at the rate of exchange applied by VISA. For more information you can view the Visa website. Please note, Nationwide are not responsible for the content or accuracy of third party websites.

Both the VISA and DELTA logos are shown on the FlexAccount debit card and cash can be withdrawn from any ATM, bank or building society which display these logos.

The Visa charge will apply to cash withdrawals made outside of the Visa Europe region.

Using your FlexAccount debit card or credit card to make purchases abroad

When using your card to make purchases abroad, retailers may offer you the opportunity to pay in the local currency or sterling. If you pay in sterling, commission is normally charged on the transaction by the retailer. In countries in the Visa Europe region, we would recommend that the transaction is processed in the local currency as the Visa charge does not apply. However, in those countries where the Visa fee is applicable, we are unable to make a recommendation as we are not able to confirm what commission charges are applied by the retailer.

Please note that we do not require notification of your intended card use abroad. Our Special Investigations department constantly monitor card use and spending patterns, especially those taking place abroad. They would only become concerned if there were several large or unusual purchases, which were not in character with that account.

Whilst you're abroad, should you be unfortunate enough to lose or have your card/s stolen, please report this immediately to our 24 hour Call Centre on +44 1793 656789. For Credit Cards please contact us on +44 2476 438996.

Where to find an ATM abroad

Please select one of the following links to view the VISA or the MasterCard, Maestro and Cirrus websites:

VISA ATM locator

MasterCard, Maestro and Cirrus ATM locator.

Please note, Nationwide are not responsible for the content or accuracy of third party websites.

Credit card fees and charges

For a summary on our fees and charges for withdrawals, cash advances, currency conversions, and commissions please follow this link to our Gold card or Classic card summary pages.

FlexAccount (Current Account) information

For further information and how to apply for our FlexAccount please view our current account webpage.

Unquote

Apologies if this has already been posted before and please remember to use the url i,ve put at the top of the post to use the links that they refer to.

marshbags

P.S.

Just made my last over the counter withdrawal before the new charges kick in.

The Exchange rate worked out at 54.64 baht to the pound, which was above the TT rate on that day.

Considering what it was not long ago i am more than satisfied, also saved approx. £30 in visa charges had i got it next month on top of this.

Edited by marshbags

I'm not sure I get the purpose of this footlong posting.

As far as I can see it's to just warn others that from June 1st 09 Nationwide Building Society will be passing on the 1% visa charge on withdrawals abroad to the customer.

But why all the copied and pasted text??

Just a simple sentence (like mine above) followed by a link to it on the NW website would have been suffice.

Or was there other news of importance reguarding Nationwide in there somewhere that I may have missed??

Edited by thecatman

I have banked with the NW for some time and they along with post office had been the only banks if you want to call them that, giving free ATM withdrawals abroad. However in the past months all of the Thai banks are charging as much as 170 baht for each withdrawal, so consider the number of times carefully.

I have been told the international banks are still not charging but cannot confirm.

I have banked with the NW for some time and they along with post office had been the only banks if you want to call them that, giving free ATM withdrawals abroad. However in the past months all of the Thai banks are charging as much as 170 baht for each withdrawal, so consider the number of times carefully.

I have been told the international banks are still not charging but cannot confirm.

Since the introduction of the Thai ATM charges I just transfer 100000 of my salary every month to my SCB account and use that card to withdrawcash, costs 100bt.

I'm not sure I get the purpose of this footlong posting.

As far as I can see it's to just warn others that from June 1st 09 Nationwide Building Society will be passing on the 1% visa charge on withdrawals abroad to the customer.

But why all the copied and pasted text??

Just a simple sentence (like mine above) followed by a link to it on the NW website would have been suffice.

Or was there other news of importance reguarding Nationwide in there somewhere that I may have missed??

Nice one :D

marshbags :)