Where Do I Buy A Honda Cbr 150 In Chiang Mai?

For second hand CBR150 you will find price vary from 20k to about 40k + dependant on year, mileage, and condition.

My 6 year old bike with 53000 on the clock was priced at 27k price as a trade in.

I was quoted 63k for a new bike plus registration etc 1500.

Where to buy in CM, I have no idea, but there have been some advertised on the thai visa bike classifieds in CM.

I am new to Chiang Mai. I only intend to be here a year and want to buy a Honda CBR 150. I'm looking to buy used.

How much should I pay for a used Honda CBR 150?

Where would I go to buy one?

Thanks guys and gals!

My friend recently sold his 6 month old one for 30K, for a quick sale. I've seen bikes for sale on the notice board in UN Irish Pub.

With Honda dealers it is a bit do they have stock, otherwise, you can face a long delivery...
Exactly. That's why I listed the four dealers most likely to have one in stock. You might wait a week to get your choice of colors.

For the record can we take some indication out of it if all you listed dealers have not the ability to order new CBR150R's?

With Honda dealers it is a bit do they have stock, otherwise, you can face a long delivery...
Exactly. That's why I listed the four dealers most likely to have one in stock. You might wait a week to get your choice of colors.

For the record can we take some indication out of it if all you listed dealers have not the ability to order new CBR150R's?

For the record? Those dealers have had CBR150's in stock or easily ordered and delivered since 2002. My neighbor got one recently. If you wish, you can drop by and ask in person.

That is all very helpful! Thank you very much. I'll let you know how it goes. I'm going to try and check out some of those places tomorrow. I'm not looking to buy new though. Might those dealerships have used ones as well?

You guys rock!

A buddy and I bought identical twins near Chiang Mai Gate, outside the old city. Rather than going toward the Saturday night walking street, take the street to the left and go past the hospital. There is a big big shop with bikes on both sides of the street. The manager, Bow, speaks fair English. If he does not have one in stock, he might locate one for you. Both bikes had 5 KM on the clocks and we got them for 37 and 35 K baht. Mine was cheaper as it had a leaky fork tube and they thought it needed a new cam chain idler. (The cam chain-like noise was just the rear pegs rattling!) I have also seen CBR-150s on sale in San Patong as well. Good luck on the bike hunt!

Jut a point to be aware of......many new bikes like the CBR have the speedo disconnected by the owner to keep the milage low.

My 2 year old bike had 5000km on the clock.....but had a brand new set of tyres on it?? Either the owner was screwing the tail off the bike, or did more km than the speedo showed, to require a new set of tyres!!

I was aware of that point when I bought.

Now at 55000km the engine needs a reco...so I believe verifies my thoughts that it had done more than the 5000km it had on the speedo. I think more likely to have been a true 15000 or 20000km

I am new to Chiang Mai. I only intend to be here a year and want to buy a Honda CBR 150. I'm looking to buy used.

Thanks guys and gals!

I wanted to send a PM to you but hit the wrong button. Since I am here my CBR 150 is a limited edition "Repsol" model in showroom condition. I am getting older and am looking for something a little more in tune with my age. I love bikes and they are the best way to travel Thailand. The CBR is good around town and excellent in the mountains. Anything over 200 cc is overkill in Thailand. I did DOI INTANON in 2nd and 3rd gear all the way up. good fun !! If interested PM me.

Thanks guys and gals!

I wanted to send a PM to you but hit the wrong button. Since I am here my CBR 150 is a limited edition "Repsol" model in showroom condition. I am getting older and am looking for something a little more in tune with my age. I love bikes and they are the best way to travel Thailand. The CBR is good around town and excellent in the mountains. Anything over 200 cc is overkill in Thailand. I did DOI INTANON in 2nd and 3rd gear all the way up. good fun !! If interested PM me.

I sent you a PM, I would love to hear from you! Thanks a lot!

• 2 weeks later...

I bought both a new Air Blade with F/I and a new CBR 150 at the dealer on Mahidol Rd. What surprised me is that the CBR I was looking at was last year's model and the sales rep actually told me I should wait for the new model, which would be out in about a month, as it had some improvements over the one I was looking at. We bought the Air Blade and 2 weeks later he called at 8:30 in the morning to tell my wife they just got a new black one in, if I was still interested. I was. We went, I loved it and bought it on the spot. I have a feeling that because I paid cash for both, they threw in a bunch of "freebies" for both bikes that would have cost a couple of thousand baht if I had bought them separately. I've added boxes on the back of both, as well a some dragon decals, so both of them stand out from anything else around.

Anyway, my suggestion is that you go there and talk to them about helping find a used one. But make sure you can speak Thai, or take someone with you who can translate, because they don't speak English. :)

post-82655-1244985869_thumb.jpg

post-82655-1244985974_thumb.jpg

Curious...what are the differences in the "new model" CBR? I have been looking/contempating buying a new CBR (have one already and like it) and asked the question about new model being released and the answer was no?? That was about 2/3 weeks ago.

Curious...what are the differences in the "new model" CBR? I have been looking/contempating buying a new CBR (have one already and like it) and asked the question about new model being released and the answer was no?? That was about 2/3 weeks ago.

From what I was able to understand through my wife's translation, which wasn't the best, the new model gets better gas mileage, and that the somehow "tweeked" it to get a little better performance out of it. But don't quote me on this. But the dealer where I bought mine wasn't the only one who told me to hold off and wait for the new model, which they said would be "better", but were unable to explain why. All I know is that I love this one and plan to keep it for a long time. I also thoroughly recommend it as "the bike" for Thailand. Small enough to weave in and out of traffic, but big enough, and powerful enough, to pucker your back side when you're on the highway and twist the throttle and see how brave you are. :)