Rising Flight Prices Due To Oil Costs?

sunreader

Was getting ready to book a couple of tickets with Eva Air for October, the direct flight was an amazing £456 each 2 weeks ago.

Now its jumped by nearly £100 a ticket, maybe due to an increase in oil prices, and them expecting prices to increase further?

Wish I'd booked sooner obviously!

Ho hum, anyone with experience of Quatar Air?...have seen some as low as £411, but have read a few horror stories as well.

I have recently been looking at going home to the UK in October, yesterday I checked prices and

Swiss Air price had been reduced by around 5000baht for 2 tickets.

About Qatar, either do a search here or checkout airlinequality.com

Doubt if it is fuel surcharge,as the price of oil has dropped from $120 to $60 per barrel.

And, as far as I can find out, EVA did not lower the price of tickets "in line" with oil prices.

Raising ticket prices in line with rising oil prices will be done within a day.

Used EVA very many times BKK_AMS vv, but not any more.....too expensive.

Edited by hansnl

Last year or maybe before that, EVA reduced scheduled flights on the LAX to TPE route. Probably from San Francisco or other US cities as well. The prices have been around the level of other airlines since then. They're probably flying full versus flying really empty before. I had entire rows to myself previously but haven't flown them since the prices jumped.

Could also be very dependant on the agent that you are dealing with and the specified number of seats on the aircraft that they have for sale at a decent rate.

It's just possible that if you are flexible with your dates by a few days either side then you could well get that decent rate again.

Try again :)