Warning About Parking Bikes

clivemh

:)

Just a word of warning, last night I had to go to Zum Simple Restaurant for a friend's Birthday, and it was sheeting it down so I parked outside the massage parlour on South Pattaya Road just before walking street at 6pm.I had difficulty squeezing my bike into the last available Gap, it was packed out with bikes there!

Had a great Party with my friends, got back to find my bike on its own and chained up! A temporary no parking sign had been put near to it, there was no other signs anywhere. Cost me 200 to get it unlocked at Soi 9. So be careful where you leave your bikes in the centre of town! I was told because it was a chopper they hadn't taken it away and just chained it up instead. ( it's a long walk from Walking St to Soi 9 - good exercise though)

Another Thai scam to grab the baht..... Bet the sign wasn't there when you parked...

There was nothing, and when I got back there were loads of sniggering massage girls, a friend of mine said they (BIB) probably put some of the other bikes there as a false sense of security, then at 7pm they were all collected up- I don't know, but it makes you think?

Next time you better drive down to Marine Plaza or park it up at Soi 14 behind Secrets. There you pay 20 Baht thought. And you have to walk a little.

Normally I would,but it was pissing down and I had the missus with me, there won't be a next time I can tell you!

I've actually seen police moving bikes who were in legit parking areas to a little down where they can get chained up. Seen it twice with my own eyes.

Also know of a guy who has some thugs chain his bike up near walking street and demand 300b. He declined and a few guys attacked him. He fought back and injured one of them pretty bad. He had to go to court and pay a hefty fee for hurting the guy.

Gotta love Thailand.

( it's a long walk from Walking St to Soi 9 - good exercise though)

Hmm why did you not take a motorbike taxi?

Anyway thanks for the report. It is anyway wise not to take your motorbike out at night....

( it's a long walk from Walking St to Soi 9 - good exercise though)

Hmm why did you not take a motorbike taxi?

Anyway thanks for the report. It is anyway wise not to take your motorbike out at night....

might have got his bike locked up but with a motorcycle taxi your lucky to get there at all..............