Pattaya To Suvarnabhumi Airport

universe2000

I will be traveling from Pattaya to Suvarnabhumi Airport. I would like to take a bus since the cost is much lower than a taxi.

BellTravelService has the following times to the airport:

6:00, 9:00, 11:00, 13:00, 15:00, 17:00, 19:00.

The government bus (yellow bus) is:

6:30AM, 9AM, 1PM, 5 pm

One advantage with Bell is that they can pick me up at my hotel. The government bus has to be taken from the North Pattaya bus station. But getting to the North Pattaya bus station is easy with a baht-bus (20 baht).

If my flight is at 12:00pm than I probably need to take the bus at 9am. I am not sure if the government bus goes directly to the airport or stops a few times. The Bell service goes directly to the airport.

Any comments on which is better?

Thanks

I will be traveling from Pattaya to Suvarnabhumi Airport. I would like to take a bus since the cost is much lower than a taxi.

BellTravelService has the following times to the airport:

6:00, 9:00, 11:00, 13:00, 15:00, 17:00, 19:00.

The government bus (yellow bus) is:

6:30AM, 9AM, 1PM, 5 pm

One advantage with Bell is that they can pick me up at my hotel. The government bus has to be taken from the North Pattaya bus station. But getting to the North Pattaya bus station is easy with a baht-bus (20 baht).

If my flight is at 12:00pm than I probably need to take the bus at 9am. I am not sure if the government bus goes directly to the airport or stops a few times. The Bell service goes directly to the airport.

Any comments on which is better?

Thanks

Always used Bell Travel which costs 200 bt including dropoff/pick up at your hotel. It's reliable & fast. Can't comment on Government bus but problem with both is that if your flight is late night / early morning then you face a long wait at the airport after getting the last bus.

I have used Bell four or five times. Never a problem. I have not used the hotel pickup minivan offer. I always have just a small carry on and it is just as easy for me to hop on a motorcycle taxi from my Pattaya hotel and get to the bus station. It is just easier than calling and scheduling a hotel pickup. Of course, calling and booking in advance may not hurt and should guarantee you a seat on the bus time you want.

I have used their minivan drop off when I was going from the airport to Pattaya. But, depending on the luck of the draw, you may have to sit in the van a bit as they drop other people off. In November of 08, the bus was actually pretty full and they used three minivans as I recall at the pattaya bus station to shuttle the people around. They seemed to make an effort to order the people according to their destinations but I am not sure it worked that way. Our minivan went from Soi 2 all the way down to soi 13, with a few stops in between. A bit hard to imagine how the other vans did not hit anything along that same route, but maybe the others went to soi bukao and third road destinations and places like that.

Government bus might be a bit cheaper since I heard Bell is up to 200 baht now.