Round Rubber Section

drfang

Does anyone know where i can purchase a length of round rubber section about 6mm>8mm diameter. I am making a large "O" ring for a friends swimming pool filter.I have scoured the wonderfull world of Chiang Mai Plastics, but not have.

Thanx.

Have a look in Amorn. It's a large store right next to the second computer plaza along the northern part of the moat (opposite the first moat u-turn), way before Chang Puak Gate. They have all sorts in there, including a large range of washing machine bits, and prices, for the most part, are dirt cheap. Head to the rear left of the store :)

Does anyone know where i can purchase a length of round rubber section about 6mm>8mm diameter. I am making a large "O" ring for a friends swimming pool filter.I have scoured the wonderfull world of Chiang Mai Plastics, but not have.

Thanx.

Finding a sheet of rubber has been very difficult for me too. If you do find a source, please put it up here.

I ended up using an old inner-tube from a tire, and that worked.

I don't think you will find rubber sheet at Amorn, but I may be wrong.

If you find it - let us know!!

Take a look at the hardware shops on Rachawong Rd between Chang Moi and Wichayanon roads. A few of them specialize in rebuilding water pumps and have a huge selection of O rings. There's even one little shop that basically just sells O rings. Good luck.

Tire inner tube if you want to try to monkey it in. There is the best pool store near Sommerville Restaurant Supply on the Super between Nong Hoi and Airport Plaza. They have a lot of chemicals outside and the chemicals are the cheapest in town. Chlorine tabs cost me 200 Baht a kilo that I once paid 750 Baht for at the pool place on the moat.

They can order a lot of things and have a decent selection.

@getgoing

you wrote in post#5 about "the best pool store" "... and the chemicals are the cheapest in town". In case you can't read Thai take someone who can with you and drive to another chemicals supplier about 200 m down the road direction Nong Hoi, same side. Just yesterday I bought a 20 kg bucket with 100 clorine tabs (200 g each) for 2'400 THB (=> 120 THB/kg). Should last for 1 year. Nobody speaks English, all written in Thai. You may have to negotiate a little bit but the sales lady is one of the kind who can be persuaded by a very friendly approach and a bright smile ...

I don't know any cheaper pool chemicals shop in CNX.

Try some rubber fuel hose which comes in many diameters and available at any auto parts outlet. Cut it to the length required for the seal, you can then glue a small insert in the hollow to join both ends to form a ring. Perhaps.