Settlement Visa For Wife To Come To Uk

Hi All I have just read most of the concerns and replies re visa flr ilr

To HELP the process is simple and there are things that you need to do to make the application successful.

You must keep records of your marriage life together, utility bills, any mail sent to both of you and have some things in joint names, Even if your partner not working they need to apply for national insurance number early as possible so as to show tax records. Bank account also helps in her name joint if you daring enough. As for benefits you are not looked down on if your circumstances have changed after your wife arrives here that cant be helped but claiming benefits before your fiancee or settlement visa (2yr marriage visa) can be a negative but it still depends on all your evidence so if you are claiming benefits make sure everything else is correct and have plenty of evidence about your relationship to support the application you may well be asked how you travelled to thailand whilst needing benefits a sticky point.

When you apply for ILR the life UK test or ESOL ROUTE must of been done and on the Esol route must show progress one level to the other so you need level 2 or life uk test to be sure of getting ILR

Citizenship however is easier and can be applied for from 3 years after you first enter the uk on a fiancee visa or marriage visa example if you married in uk 4 months after arriving in the uk then got married and changed to a settlement visa wants that 2 year visa was finished and you then have ILR you only need wait a futher 8 months to apply for citizenship which my advice is to do through the checking service. What is frowned upon is using agents for any of the visa's so if you do then still submit the application yourself do not have an agent submit it for you only use there advice and help. To clarify I have personally helped over 50 people now through the process and todate no one has ad a problem I have had one person have a problem getting a tourist visa but that was down to a letter he wrote saying if it is a problem with getting a visa he would will marry the girl when he came Thailand if you do get the visa I will marry you when you in UK cant do on tourist visa and he forgot tell me he knew this girl for 5 days only so had no proof of relationship one photo in hotel bedroom needless to say wont help him again if you need to know anything let me know

Thank you kindly for all of the replies, I think the wisest choice for me and my wife is to avoid any recourse to public funds. I work full time and pay everything from my income and have savings, so I hope we will be ok. May I ask another question please, I have been back in the UK for 8 weeks and begans working 4 weeks ago having 4 weeks payslips, my wife tells me we should wait another month until wehave 8 -9 payslips and then put in the application, can anyone advise on this please? Is there a minimum amount of payslips I should have before we apply or would it be ok to do so with 8 payslips?

Thank you kindly for any advice or pointers with this, I am slowly gettting deeper into the application and paperwork process!

:)

Simple advice here you need 6 months of everything bank statements, contact phone bills, emails, work, photos together, time spent together, for application plus letter inviting your wife, you need tell her about your family work and friends best in a letter so she can learn for any questions asked at the embassy when she applies for settlement visa. The more you supply the easier the application include all time spent together be it Thailand or where ever

I have been back in the UK for 8 weeks and begans working 4 weeks ago having 4 weeks payslips, my wife tells me we should wait another month until wehave 8 -9 payslips and then put in the application, can anyone advise on this please? Is there a minimum amount of payslips I should have before we apply or would it be ok to do so with 8 payslips?

The document checklist simply asks for evidence of the sponsor's financial position in the UK, with no time scale except "recent."

MAA5 What evidence of maintenance is required? Says three months.

As Gazza44 says, 6 months is better.

However, this time frame is not cast in stone as not everyone will be able to provide detalis that far back; someone who has been living in Thailand for example. The rules allow flexibility.

I would provide 6 months of bank statements plus all the payslips from your new job that you have to date. Explain your circumstances in your sponsor's letter, as you have above, to show why you are unable to provide more.

I still say this is hard to belive that you need 10,000 or above

I did my wife's fltr and i can say there was more like 10 pence in bank account not 10,000

Hi,

When we put our sv in I was 1500 over drawn, no savings whatsoever and we got the visa after 3 days.

Dont know where you get the 10k from.

I believe and are almost certain the requirement for you and your wife to live on is round £96 per week, thats after your bills.

Thats what it was around 18 months ago anyhow

Scotty

There is no actual minimum figure, as peoples circumstances vary too much. For example a couple living with the UK partner's parents would not need as high an income as a couple renting their home.

The guidelines simply say that it would be inappropriate for an immigrant family to have an income below the income support amount for a UK resident family of the same size.

Edited by 7by7