Irish/german Pub Prakhonchai

farangconnection

I instructed my tour driver to stop at the Irish pub for dinner,but it was closed. Anyone know why? This was Monday.

Sadly, he seems to be closed most of the time. Had he been open, in all likliehood, you and your tour group would have ended up sharing the only bottle of beer!

Next time in the area try Paradise Lake for lunch. Overlooking the man made lake/reservoir, very close to the Post Office

I instructed my tour driver to stop at the Irish pub for dinner,but it was closed. Anyone know why? This was Monday.

Obviously, a Mystery Tour - neither the tour driver or passengers knew where they were stopping for lunch :)

Small point of order, this is not an Irish Pub - the Shamrock actually has German connotations. I accept that it looks like an Irish bar but I can assure you that only about 6 tins of Guinness have ever passed over the counter !

Obviously, a Mystery Tour - neither the tour driver or passengers knew where they were stopping for lunch :)

Small point of order, this is not an Irish Pub - the Shamrock actually has German connotations. I accept that it looks like an Irish bar but I can assure you that only about 6 tins of Guinness have ever passed over the counter !

Which I think is a pretty good reason why I put Irish/German pub.

Obviously, a Mystery Tour - neither the tour driver or passengers knew where they were stopping for lunch :D

Which I think is a pretty good reason why I put Irish/German pub.

Martin, I quote from post #1:- :D

"I instructed my tour driver to stop at the Irish pub for dinner,but it was closed. Anyone know why? This was Monday".

Mind you, the German element is becoming more and more invisible, so you may be right - (and I didn't read the topic title) :)

Martin, I quote from post #1:- :D

"I instructed my tour driver to stop at the Irish pub for dinner,but it was closed. Anyone know why? This was Monday".

Mind you, the German element is becoming more and more invisible, so you may be right - (and I didn't read the topic title) :D

The Shamrock Bar is run by a nice friendly Big German Guy called Ken and his wife. I was in there friday and its done out like a proper bar as opposed to a cafe.

How a Thai coach driver would know its either Irish or German, baffles me though :)

Dave