Generic Xenical

alphason

Is Xenical ,Orlistat, Alli available OTC in Thailand. Used it before for a short term kick start. Preferably the cheaper generic version rather than the expensice Roche branded pills.

Asked at a couple of Pharmacies and they don't have it, in any form. Is mail order the way to go?

Thanks

Is Xenical ,Orlistat, Alli available OTC in Thailand. Used it before for a short term kick start. Preferably the cheaper generic version rather than the expensice Roche branded pills.

Asked at a couple of Pharmacies and they don't have it, in any form. Is mail order the way to go?

Thanks

Xenicol is available, any large pharmacy and also most if the Boots, Watson shops that are in locations frequented by farang

no local; generic AFAIK so it is pricey.

mechanism of action is such that it need not be taken daily, just at times that you consume food high in fat.

Thanks

Xenicol is available, any large pharmacy and also most if the Boots, Watson shops that are in locations frequented by farang

no local; generic AFAIK so it is pricey.

mechanism of action is such that it need not be taken daily, just at times that you consume food high in fat.

I also wonder how good a product is, our body needs fat to work good. Without fat your hormonal levels will drop. In this case i would just try to adjust my dieet. I would advise however to eat healthy fats .. olive oil.. riceban oil.. fats in nuts fats in fish ect. Not transfats or palm oil or deep fried stuff.

• 10 months later...

i have have used xenical or orlistat as marketed in usa

pretty good stuff if you want to lose weight

but what it does is only digests 50 percent of fat in diet and diposes of other 50 percent in usual way

try it for a month at a time

only side effect i got from it is excessive wind for first week so if you can deal with this try it

it does work quite well

• 2 months later...

^ actually Xenical will prevent up to 30% of the fat in a meal being digested.

Bought 84 tabs at Fascino pharmacy in North Pattaya for 3192 baht after member discount.

You have to remember to take the correct vitamins when on Xenical as some fat soluble vitamins also pass right through instead of being digested. There are some Indian generic Orlistat pills but I havent seen them in Thailand.

• 7 months later...
  • 10 years later...
On 6/4/2009 at 4:09 PM, robblok said:

I also wonder how good a product is, our body needs fat to work good. Without fat your hormonal levels will drop. In this case i would just try to adjust my dieet. I would advise however to eat healthy fats .. olive oil.. riceban oil.. fats in nuts fats in fish ect. Not transfats or palm oil or deep fried stuff.

did you ever try this drug? 

(old thread sorry to bump and ask you)

1 hour ago, cyril sneer said:

No i have not, a friend has. It works but only if you have a diet high in fat. But be warned you need fat to make testosterone. This drug does not differentiate between good fats and bad fat. 

So this could work for you or you could try to change what you eat. Up to you as they say. I am not against stuff that helps fat loss and so on. But this is not for me. In general i clean my diet up first and then try to find something that suppresses appetite. 

But recently had good success with adding protein shakes (especially casein fills you up if you mix it right). Protein has a high thermic value meaning that around 20-30% of its calories get burned just to use it in the body.  Carbs 5-15% fat 0%. So basically moving to higher protein away from carbs or fats (within limits) will make you fuller and help lose weight.

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
On 2/9/2022 at 7:13 PM, cyril sneer said:

Yes - 100% you will loose weight INITIALLY and you will POOP your pants at some stage. Do NOT trust breaking wind & expect to leak at some stage. Also you will learn to reduce fats in your diet or spend hrs in the bathroom.

Also keeping it off is the hardest challenge, use this as a step to better habits