Engagement Only

nibaru

I have met a young, attractive, university educated, traditional thai girl, visiting family in the UK. Really can't fault the girl at all. Love being with her. We wish to get to know each other better, but she returns to Thailand shortly. After discussion. it has been suggested that the best way may be to get engaged in thailand with ceremony, but without marriage. Then she can live with me (Separate bedrooms) and study for a time, in the UK, during which time we can see how relationships develop. Dowrys in the family, I know to have been in the region of 1 million Baht and it has been suggested that her's should be more. I do not have the lower figure, but it is certainly more obtainable than anything higher. Can anybody please advise me as to what to possibly expect? Is dowry payable on engagement only, as opposed to marriage? What is the family likely to expect from me?

I have met a young, attractive, university educated, traditional thai girl, visiting family in the UK. Really can't fault the girl at all. Love being with her. We wish to get to know each other better, but she returns to Thailand shortly. After discussion. it has been suggested that the best way may be to get engaged in thailand with ceremony, but without marriage. Then she can live with me (Separate bedrooms) and study for a time, in the UK, during which time we can see how relationships develop. Dowrys in the family, I know to have been in the region of 1 million Baht and it has been suggested that her's should be more. I do not have the lower figure, but it is certainly more obtainable than anything higher. Can anybody please advise me as to what to possibly expect? Is dowry payable on engagement only, as opposed to marriage? What is the family likely to expect from me?

Theres one born every minute... :)

Run now my friend...you are being set up....Sin Sot is paid on marriage not engagement...

Run now my friend...you are being set up....Sin Sot is paid on marriage not engagement...

+1

Just say no!

These people are 100% pure sh1t.

I know to have been in the region of 1 million Baht and it has been suggested that her's should be more.

:)

Yeah me too, I clocked that.

OP - listen to these posters they will save you from a whole world of hurt my friend.

Just go home.

Run rabbit,run rabbit run run run

Educated,traditional thai girl PMSL.You should have said

clever,typical, scam artist,that wants to work in the uk

HEY! THAT'S MY LINE!!!

Run rabbit, run rabbit, run, run ,run,

Run rabbit, run rabbit, run, run ,run,

You can always go and have some fun,

Run rabbit, run rabbit, run, run ,run!

And for future reference....Welcome to Thailand...(LOS) Land of Scams.. :)

I hope these responses are sinking into the OP's brain.

Depends which head he is using... :D

The little head needs a lobotomy prior to the big head coming to LoS.

The replies sum it up pretty well, but more seriously... I'm getting married soon. Also she is uni-educated (though in Thailand that doesn't mean much!), proper girl, blah blah. Our dowry is way less than that, and besdies, purely show. At the end of the wedding we get is all back. Believe the other posters, the girl is bad news, sorry to say so.

Great 1st post.... :)

What is the family likely to expect from me?

Everything you have if you are stupid enough to fall for this one.

I'm not touching this thread again, it has to be a troll.

Will reserve my comments on whether this a troll or not for a little while, as the OP is still on line and waiting to see if the comment....she is different comes up... :)

What is the family likely to expect from me?

Everything you have if you are stupid enough to fall for this one.

I'm not touching this thread again, it has to be a troll.

Will reserve my comments on whether this a troll or not for a little while, as the OP is still on line and waiting to see if the comment....she is different comes up... :)

Hold on, I'll do it.

Yeah mate, she sounds bang on, go for it! What's a million Baht or two anyway, IT'S LOVE mate, L.O.V.E LOVE! You can't put a price on that can you?

Are you for real?

For 1, why does she have to get engaged in Thailand? An engagement is simply a promise to marry. No sin-sot paid, but you usually buy a ring.

2 separate bedrooms? With a fiancée ? <deleted> ?

3 That sort of Dowry? How do you know?

What do they expect from you? They expect you to continue being a mug and that you will supply them with copious amounts of money and support. That you will not defile the daughter until you have paid a huge sum for the privilege. You will be the woman's 'passport' to the UK.

They or she are rubbing their hands with glee at ensnaring someone like you.

Tell them an engagement costs nothing but a ring - buy a 2nd hand one cheap. That in the UK you both share the cost of the household expenses, food and everything else and that she is expected to pay her own way in life. (American share - Thai people call it. We call it 'going dutch'.) Then see how much they want you :)

Either that or kick yourself into sensibility. You are warned by others this is a scam and I agree wholeheartedly with that sentiment too.

Are you for real?

For 1, why does she have to get engaged in Thailand? An engagement is simply a promise to marry. No sin-sot paid, but you usually buy a ring.

2 separate bedrooms? With a fiancée ? <deleted> ?

3 That sort of Dowry? How do you know?

What do they expect from you? They expect you to continue being a mug and that you will supply them with copious amounts of money and support. That you will not defile the daughter until you have paid a huge sum for the privilege. You will be the woman's 'passport' to the UK.

They or she are rubbing their hands with glee at ensnaring someone like you.

Tell them an engagement costs nothing but a ring - buy a 2nd hand one cheap. That in the UK you both share the cost of the household expenses, food and everything else and that she is expected to pay her own way in life. (American share - Thai people call it. We call it 'going dutch'.) Then see how much they want you :)

Either that or kick yourself into sensibility. You are warned by others this is a scam and I agree wholeheartedly with that sentiment too.

Listen to this good chap, OP.

He speak truth and wisdom.

Are you for real?

For 1, why does she have to get engaged in Thailand?

Pleeease..let me answer that one.... :) .....so cash can be deposited with the in-laws in Thailand and will be the last you will see of it ?? :D

I may understand everything except the separate bedroom bet, I vote SCAME

YOU AGAIN.

Do like the song:

Go and tell it on the mountain.