Less Perks For Thailand Elite Card Holders

Thaising

Interesting to see that all the threads about Thailand Elite has become so quiet now that things seem to have settled a bit for them... Latest news is that they have re-implemented some of the benefits which was recently cut due to cost savings...

Not to say that their future is 100% bright yet, but confirms that most people in this forum is only interested in posting when there is negative news...

How about giving us a proper update on things?

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Service is a little less than we signed up for and following negative publicity there is now a cloud over the public image of the program. However, I remain satisfied and hope it continues with out further reduction in services rather than have my money returned – Golf was the key attraction for me when purchasing this scheme. The visa and airport transfers are handy.

There are 22 golf courses in Thailand on the list, on this list there are 7 golf courses within an hour drive of central Bangkok. One of the courses I regularly played (Lakewood) was removed which is disappointing, a different course which I won’t play so often (Bangkok Golf) was added.

Massage is now Thai Massage only. I’ve written a letter of complaint as I only took the aroma massage before. 66 Spa’s in Thailand.

Airport transfers now utilise a Toyota Camry and not the 7 Series BMW.

No change to the 5 year renewable visa.

Edited by richard_smith237

Thaksin's dream of luring the elite lies in tatters

"In principle, we cannot totally say that the scheme was unfeasible in the first place," said Mr Udom, a board member who took over the presidency earlier this year.

"I think the first generation of the company's executives would never think that what they offered as secondary benefits would become the company's big burden."

Besides the big financial burden from the luxury services, Mr Udom has found flaws in the company's previous management. For instance, it paid some golf courses in advance with amounts of up to 20 million baht.

Another case involves the planned purchase of an IT system for 100 million baht to improve the company's communication services for its members. But there was never a clear explanation as to why the new system was needed, and the new board decided to suspend the project.

Mr Udom admitted that the company has been plagued with transparency problems, and some of its spending is now subject to investigation by the Office of the Auditor General.

Oh dear, where has the money gone, oh dear, where has the money gone........ Who actually owned these particular golf courses and IT company?

Edited by bangon04

Latest news is that they have re-implemented some of the benefits which was recently cut due to cost savings...

If you know of changes, why not give us a proper update yourself?

The post immediately following yours from an Elite Card member gave no indication that any of the benefits have been re-implemented, only further curtailed.

I look forward to you informing us which benefits have been reinstated.

Latest news is that they have re-implemented some of the benefits which was recently cut due to cost savings...

The post immediately following yours from an Elite Card member gave no indication that any of the benefits have been re-implemented, only further curtailed.

Excuse me....and what is it to you?

Sorry I did not post correctly so I say it again

What is to you and to all the non members?

Excuse me....and what is it to you?

Sorry I did not post correctly so I say it again

What is to you and to all the non members?

hmmm... I think it's called a discussion forum for a reason.

Are we to take your non-answer to mean that there have not been benefits re-implemented?

"How about giving us a proper update on things?"

What would be the purpose of this? If you were a member, you'd be in the know. You're not a member, and you don't intend to be. You're only here to laugh at the misfortunes of others.

Apologies if my earlier post lacked clarity...

Service is a little less than we signed up for...>>> I estimate that I receive approximately 90% of the benefit I originally signed up for. Disappointing? Yes. But if T.E. was running 110% of the original service it would hardly be a topic for discussion...

There are 22 golf courses in Thailand on the list... >>> Close to the Original number.

Massage is now Thai Massage only...>>> There are 66 Spa’s in Thailand in total in the T.E. program but its only Thai Massage. Similar to the original number but dissapointing for me that Aroma massage is no longer on the program.

Airport transfers now utilise a Toyota Camry and not the 7 Series BMW...>>> It's a step down.

No change to the 5 year renewable visa.

Are we to take your non-answer to mean that there have not been benefits re-implemented?

They've been re-implemented for a while now. I think the golf courses were out for a month while the accounts were frozen during the government audit.

I hope that clears up a lot of the discussion. For those still wishing to the knock the program, don't worry it could still collapse in the future.

Service is a little less than we signed up for

Not here to laugh or gloat - seriously.

However I recall that originally there were significant benefits on Air Travel - 2 for 1 Tickets etc. although, I think, only on Thai Internationsl; sevaral Posters on other TV Threads indicated that this benefit alone had enabled them to recoup their cost of Membership in less than a year.

I understand that these benefits have also been cancelled - or at least curtailed? Is this correct?

Patrick