How To Cut Out The Middle Man And Buy In Bulk

Jared

Im looking for some computers for my office and I want to try and cut out the middle man and get the products direct from the manufacter. For example I want around 10 to 16, 22inch samsung monitors. Most shops wont give any discount or a trade price. Ive been on the samsung website but I cant find anything direct.

Any ideas?

Have you considered refurbished items from the "Manufacturers Outlet store" in Bangkok? I had recently checked on the ACER outlet store and it gives a current list of items, with a 1 year LOCAL warranty for parts and labor. Maybe Samsung has a similar operation. It might be worth going in person to the main office of the IT department of Samsung and making some personal inquires.

http://www.acer.co.th/acer/wr-resource/352...uary%202009.pdf

http://www.acer.co.th/acer/service.do?Lang...mp;ctx2.c2att1=

the 2nd link has a map with hours of operation.

I went through the motions of becoming a reseller for one of the larger importers of IT equipment. The wholesale prices were not much under the retail prices, items such as Laptops in the 20,000-30,000 baht range had a profit of between 500-1000 bath for example. The retailers here are cutting a very thing slice of profit. Even if a wholesaler will sell to you (I gave up due to the extreme amount of paperwork required) you will not save much.

Edited by Phil Conners

Guest Reimar

If you start to ask for 100 + units, than maybe you get a deal! 10-16. I wouldn't even start to thinking and if a customer come to ask for an discount may I would start to mark up!

Hardware isn't business anymore, Service is and if you sign an service contract, than you'll have a chance.

So, forget a deal and go to Pantip pp. and buy there. In case of problems, go again and wait for the replace or the repair, NO On Site Service. Buy from an Wholesaler and pay more if you agree with them service regulations, but read them before the deal not to get chocked later on.

Good luck.