Hotels In Nakhon Sawan

exeter

I will be coming to Nakhon Sawan at the end of the month, I would very grateful if anyone can give me any information on what hotels are like and prices, and any recommenations. I have not had much looking on the web. I was also thinking of driving from the airport. is it straight forward route and it looks like about a three hour drive(250 kms). Thanks to anyone who can help me.

I will be coming to Nakhon Sawan at the end of the month, I would very grateful if anyone can give me any information on what hotels are like and prices, and any recommenations. I have not had much looking on the web. I was also thinking of driving from the airport. is it straight forward route and it looks like about a three hour drive(250 kms). Thanks to anyone who can help me.

In March we stayed at the Maihom (www.geocities.com/maihomresort_nsw). Nice clean & modern place at a bargain price - THB 400. Good parking. Large Chang beer at only THB 40.

We arrived from Kanachanaburi but from the airport the East Ring Road (9) to 32 should get you to SKN in good time. All well signed.

Pimarn Hotel is usually more expensive. Reasonably central and opp the bus station. Some staff speak English. Has UBC TV. Bar prices high. Food not cheap. Air con.

Has the Collection Pub (Thai / English Music + twin screens for sport), Ban Kon Wan (Thai Music), D&D need I.D. o enter this one. (Thai music).

Heineken 140 a bottle. 1 pepsi, soda and ice 120 Baht.

You can visit those 3 bars resident or not.

Maihomme off centre for shops but near the park, is clean, and cheap and a friendly enough place with prices starting at 400 for a room with a dble bed & air con + UBC TV. No restaurant to speak of )has a small palce but not classed as a restaurant) but food is available. Last I know has massage on site.

Bansuan Central. More expensive than Maihomme. UBC TV. Air con. Rooms getting a bit jaded. Has restaurant. Food OK. Beers cheap. Service reasonable.

Two other hotels near Bansuan but I do not know the names or prices. Plenty of other hotels too.

Depending on how long you are staying. Teuk Thai apartments 4k 1 month. + electric & water. Large clean room for that money. Good security. Small shop on site. Parking. UBC TV. No restaurant but can order food. TT apt near Maihomme and park.

All the above have no problems with visitors to your room.

Plenty of cheap places to eat and drink near the above mentioned hotels.

The drive is straightforward enough especially once you are beyond the outskirts of BKK. Take care in the Chai Nat area - often have speed checks :)

3 hour drive. 3/4 lanes most of the way. Roads good now they have been resurfaced.

HTH

Edited by G54

Pimarn Hotel is usually more expensive. Reasonably central and opp the bus station. Some staff speak English. Has UBC TV. Bar prices high. Food not cheap. Air con.

Has the Collection Pub (Thai / English Music + twin screens for sport), Ban Kon Wan (Thai Music), D&D need I.D. o enter this one. (Thai music).

Heineken 140 a bottle. 1 pepsi, soda and ice 120 Baht.

You can visit those 3 bars resident or not.

Maihomme off centre for shops but near the park, is clean, and cheap and a friendly enough place with prices starting at 400 for a room with a dble bed & air con + UBC TV. No restaurant to speak of )has a small palce but not classed as a restaurant) but food is available. Last I know has massage on site.

Bansuan Central. More expensive than Maihomme. UBC TV. Air con. Rooms getting a bit jaded. Has restaurant. Food OK. Beers cheap. Service reasonable.

Two other hotels near Bansuan but I do not know the names or prices. Plenty of other hotels too.

Depending on how long you are staying. Teuk Thai apartments 4k 1 month. + electric & water. Large clean room for that money. Good security. Small shop on site. Parking. UBC TV. No restaurant but can order food. TT apt near Maihomme and park.

All the above have no problems with visitors to your room.

Plenty of cheap places to eat and drink near the above mentioned hotels.

The drive is straightforward enough especially once you are beyond the outskirts of BKK. Take care in the Chai Nat area - often have speed checks :)

3 hour drive. 3/4 lanes most of the way. Roads good now they have been resurfaced.

HTH

Hi there,

Mai Hom is downtown and you can have a nice ( & rather short) walk to either sawan-park or fairyland shopping center, i consider it as located central. pimarn is a hole & dirty - basically wasted , the good days are long gone( although they have 2 sections..front is about 900THB and the back section - thats the building about 300 mtr on the back used to charge 550 thb ...different rooms and differnet price, front is meant for foreigners, back rooms usually occupied with locals have less comfort less service and another breakfast...most hotels in nakhonsawan do not offer breakfast- and if they do it is a lot to be desired ), the collection pub may be of interest but there are more places than this in nakhonsawan. D&D is ok but i may be too old for the crowd and don't forget to bring your passport! ban kon wan is nice if the music wasn't that crazily loud, better you speak a little thai there(or all over nakhonsawan:-) ).

bansuan is a resort that i think it is predominantly for a shag just before on the corner there is witcharat hotel..it is same shag and a drink in their bar(bar is kind of nice and rustic).

Grand hill resort comes to my mind as a good place and if you want something nice not particular downtownbut not far out either "the garden suite resort" (www.gardensuiteresort.com )is great, a european friend who visited made excellent remarks on this place.

If you hang out in Big C you will meet a lot of foreigners at (mon/wed/fri- 12-2pm)...i see them , but not hang out with them, as i dont wish to be drunk by early noon/afternoon ...but i do not criticise them for what they do, most of them much older than me...

mbox

Edited by mbox

If you hang out in Big C you will meet a lot of foreigners at (mon/wed/fri- 12-2pm)...i see them , but not hang out with them, as i dont wish to be drunk by early noon/afternoon ...but i do not criticise them for what they do, most of them much older than me...

mbox

lol, everybody there are not drunk. I myself drink there 2-3 beers when waiting my bus to home. Or when my missys is shopping like crazy, then I just don't want to be in her way :) . Just sit down sometime, nice to see new faces.