Siam Park City

SGDude

I am interested in visiting Siam Park City: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Siam_Park

Are there any buses/shuttle services that go to Siam Park City from the Siam BTS region?

What is the entrance fee for Siam Park City if I don't want to buy a package tour? Some cost 1000 THB and others 2000 THB ++ inclusive of transport, lunch and the entrance fee.

Is there dual pricing for Thais and foreigners? I look Thai and can speak a little Thai. Any advice on where to get the tickets?

Siam Park is a terminal station for buses 501, 60, 71, 109 and 115, only routes 60 and 501 have airconditioned coaches.

The best way to catch them is from Prakhanong BTS, then walk around the corner into Suk. soi 71, route 60 goes alone Phetburi road from Sanam Luang, past Khao Sarn.

I don't think the entrance ticket is more than 200 baht, at most 400, but I haven't been there for ages.

In Thai it's called "Suan Siam".

Hate to be a party-pooper, but I would highly recommend you avoid this death trap. This is not the West where federal state, county, and city agencies should oversee the safety of amusement venues within their borders. Here, safety is at the mercy of the guy who wants to make as much money as possible--the owners. Not an objective third party, in my opinion.

In the last two years alone, here's the body count of injured and dead:

On January 12, 2008, 28 children (10-12) were injured, 4 critically, due to the "Super Spiral" 3-story water-slide accident (broken at the 2.5 meter level) on the Thai traditional Children's Day. It was the second accident since October 2007, when a 35-year-old Thai woman died and 5 others were injured when the Indiana Log ride was down.

Remember, these are only the accidents which make it to the media.

Suggestion. If you plan to take friends or family to this dodgy place, I would highly recommend you first visit the park alone with a critical eye toward the maintenance and operation of the facility. Notice the rusted bolts in the tracks of the high-speed rides, the corroding rails and bars on many of the rides, the corroding seams on water tubes and water troughs, and the haphazard way in which crowds and riders are managed. It would be even better if you had an engineer friend to go along with you so you could watch him/her cringe. Only then, you might think twice about entrusting the lives of your loved ones to this same place.

The safest thing to amuse yourself with in Thailand is to eat ice cream in the comfort of Siam Parragon's food court (if you don't have high cholesterol).

Edited by toptuan

Taxi costs to get there about 350 baht from central bangkok, entrance just to the park about 200 baht for foreigner, I believe 100 baht for thai. There are more expensive tickets that include certain mount of rides. Lunch is just 40 baht in the foodcourt.

It is a nice day out with kids, but yeah maintanance is not great overall, however the picture painted above is scaremongering (each to their own). I went and did not die :)

Taxi costs to get there about 350 baht from central bangkok, entrance just to the park about 200 baht for foreigner, I believe 100 baht for thai. There are more expensive tickets that include certain mount of rides. Lunch is just 40 baht in the foodcourt.

It is a nice day out with kids, but yeah maintanance is not great overall, however the picture painted above is scaremongering (each to their own). I went and did not die :)

I also rode an inter-provincial bus and did not die.

Scaremongering is comprised of baseless assertions.

I shared personal observation and factual accounts.

Edited by toptuan