Employment Lawyer Required....

Hi,

Can anyone recommend a good emloyment lawyer, i have been working on an expatriate contract for a worldwide company for a number of years now. They have been causing problems with me for no reason and have breached my employment contract a number of times, things are getting worse now.

Are there any good lawyers out there that can offer advice?

By the way i am based in Bangkok!

Edited by Devil0in0Krung0Thep

Hi,

Can anyone recommend a good emloyment lawyer, i have been working on an expatriate contract for a worldwide company for a number of years now. They have been causing problems with me for no reason and have breached my employment contract a number of times, things are getting worse now.

Are there any good lawyers out there that can offer advice?

By the way i am based in Bangkok!

The starting point before talking to a lawyer would be to go and talk to the labour department, and see where you stand (generally the labour departments in Thailand are pretty good in helping people out both Thai and expat) maybe able to get things resolved without a lawyer

Not sure where you go in BKK, guessing here the same place were your WP was issued

Yes, go talk to the labor department office located in the same district or nearest district to where your company is located. They will have a consultation with you and give you advice about how to proceed before doing anything official. They will also take a written record of your confidential visit and it can be used as supporting evidence should you need to use a lawyer. They can recommend lawyers also that work closely with them. If needed, I may recommend a few if it comes down to it. Just let me know.

It sucks that you have been getting the games. There are tons of expats here that got the shaft in the last few months and I am one of them. Luckily some of us got out with our full severances and no hassles. But it still sucks that many companies still treat expats like that here. Just supports our need for higher salaries and longer vacations.

A friend of mine used Toosi Law to successfully pursue an employment case against a major international company some years ago.

Toosi International Law Office. 65/177 Chamnan Phenajat Tower 21SL Floor Rama 4 Road Huaikhwang Bangkok, Thailand 10310 Tel/Hp : 662-6438897-9.

Edited by PattayaParent