Whats With This Constant Drizzle

drfang

Is this constant drizzle " normal" for this time of year. I am used to it raining at precisely 4.30 pm, for one hour ,then stopping. Long time CM residents will have the answer. I dont mind it, as its nice and cool but does put a dampner (sorry) on the days activities. Maybe time to lash out and buy a car :) .

Yup, it's raining, steadily. Sort of like Vancouver, or San Francisco, or Old Blighty.

Sort of depressing, I admit.

I rather liked the booming thunder, hot streaking lightning and torrential downpours of a few weeks ago. With high winds blowing over things, as well.

This is just....boring. :)

It's a welcome change to me from the cloudless days Nov - May. Yes its a bit unusual from what we know in the past few years. It is not a steady rain so a walk or bike ride in the mostly sprinkles feels great. The air is so sweet too.

I love it !! Enjoy. Thanks for climate change :)

It's a welcome change to me from the cloudless days Nov - May. Yes its a bit unusual from what we know in the past few years. It is not a steady rain so a walk or bike ride in the mostly sprinkles feels great. The air is so sweet too.

Ow, dont mean to be a weather-moaner, but this season is the worst for me. I wilt. Humidity just aint my thing. Plus my hair...goddam it.... wheres that anti-frizz serum got to....

The rain certainly has been on an off, but like you said, mostly on! Everything has gotten very green, and we had a spring "pop up" in our back yard. Living at the base of Doi Pui and all the rain up there must have something to do with it. My guess is there was 30 gallons a minute gushing out during its peak yesterday. The Asian Water Hens living near the spring have two babies..... Life seems to flourish in the rainy season. Even our garden man is happy as he gets more work!

Ow, dont mean to be a weather-moaner, but this season is the worst for me. I wilt. Humidity just aint my thing. Plus my hair...goddam it.... wheres that anti-frizz serum got to....

Yeah, but it's a "cool humidity" kinda like the "dry heat" of Arizona which is so refreshing! Last year, we lost a few towels to the humidity, but this year, I am running a fan all day to keep the air moving. (Is there anything worse than to grab your towel in the morning and seeing a black moving blob of mold?) Running the fan, so far, seems to be working. The air sure is clean though and this is nice.

Edited by T_Dog

:D Actually I like dry heat. I can tolerate really high temperatures, in dry heat. But, even lin ower temperatures, if there is humidity, i somehow dont cope as well. Not sure why. :) But, i do agree, today was a really nice day for this season. (But, give me the hot dry season instead any day!)

edit: Im still grateful for this weather over British weather!

Edited by eek

Sawadee Khrup, TV Friends,

Orang instructed his Farang to speak thus : this weather is somewhat variant, but by no means an "outlier" on the "bell curve" for the long-term history of this region.

Orang spoke to many local frogs, insects, plants, and trees to learn this : i.e., this is not a result of his Farang's so-called "science" even though the idiot Farang cannot be stopped from writing pseudo-scientifically.

These rains are also an answer to the prayers of about a billion frogs who prayed to have sex this year, sooner rather than later, and more often, rather than less frequently. Yes, prayers are answered. Of course the meme "answered prayer" in human thought/language is really just a metaphor for goalposts of a game that humans cannot even imagine (but may experience in dreams).

Of course the rain is made by Phiyanaak (Nagas) who've finally stopped lazing about in the vast cosmic oceans around Tavatimsa Suwan (Mt. Meru, surrounded by seven moats, crowned by Lord Buddha's Heaven). Whether the frogs cut a deal with the Nagas is unknown : the frogs are not croaking about that.

You are lucky that a Thai human, Khun Dr. Sumet Jumsai wrote a wonderful book, "Naga" (Oxford Press, 1988), where he reveals many secret things about Nagas and their influence on many aspects of Thai culture, like Temple (Wat) design, for example. Dr. Jumsai (MA, D. Phil., Cambridge) is famous for his design of the "Robot Building" in Bangkok for the Bank of Asia, as well as noted for his work in historical monument preservation, and cultural anthropology. Buckminster Fuller contributed to the book, "Naga," which, right there, tells you it's pretty far-out.

It may be that Khun Jumsai (and Fuller ?) learned some of the secrets of the Melon Level Two secret oral tradition of Ur-Orang since some of their hypotheses definitely, for an initiate, resonate with those revelations. Perhaps they were using entheogenic plants to go into trance, or perhaps, they were using other techniques like prolonged fasting, or listening to Karen Carpenter sing "We've Only Just Begun" for seventy-two hours repeatedly without sleep. Who knows ? What's for sure is that there is a lot in the book that is ... passing strange.

But don't take the words of a dis-possessed Orang channeled through a possessed Farang, check Dr. Sumet out for yourself :

http://www.google.com/search?q=%22sumet+jumsai

http://www.amazon.com/Naga-Sumet-Jumsai/dp/0195889495

Orang has written a special mini-hymn to celebrate the swell sexual soiree the frogs are having this year :

"meur rai fon toke maak maak, ... when it rains a lot ...

took gop tam siang suk raak, ... all the frogs sound-off about love ...

ribit, ribit, ribit, ribit, ribit, ribit, raak !" ... croak, croak, croak, croak, croak, croak, croak !

This is meant to be sung as a "round" : where the word "ribit" appears you are to make the deepest croaking sound you can make by whatever method is best for you. If a belch is the best you can manage, do not worry : it is your intention that is important.

You should invite at least six friends to sing this with you, preferably in the nud_e, and sing until exhausted : at which point you are guaranteed a deep insight into what these rains really mean to yourself, as well as frogs.

regards, ~o:37

I once saw a really cleaver frog jumping from one book to another saying "read-it, read-it".

(can i get a "waa waa waa waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!" :))

I thought the chicken kept passing them to the frog and saying, "book, book, book". And the frog replied, "read it, read it, read it".

Waa waa waa waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

The better half and I jumped on the motorcycle after the first dinner tonight to head downtown for a beer and what always ends up to be the second dinner. On Canal Road, we hit rain at the Suthep Road intersection. Hmmm, we thought..... Should we turn around and head for home? Nahhh, let's give it a try. After turning onto Suthep Road, the pavement was dry after 50 meters. So.... A 100 meter diameter localized rainstorm. Only in Thailand!

I've got a pet frog in my back yard pond. I only call him a pet because he recognizes me and allows me to get quite close. I've had to catch him a few times to clean the ponds before letting him go again. To my knowledge it's never uttered a sound... but maybe it's a toad.

In my previous home there was a bigger pond that was loaded with small frogs. If you were close enough the noise they made on a spring evening was almost unbearable and hurt my ears.

After a rain storm down in Jomptien the frogs all came onto the local roads. The next day there were flattened carcasses everywhere. I'm not sure where they hide when it's dry.