Setting Up A Multi Purpose Company

I am interested in starting a company Ltd.

Can it be setup so that it will be able to do different kinds of business?

I have my internet work in my own country and would like to have a company here so that i can bill my customers from here.

My wife and i are also busy with real estate and a clothing wholesale business.

What should be on the workpermit?

"Manager" of this company. Is that sufficient or do you have to be more precise?

Thoughts on this much appreciated.

Jean

At inception, every Thai Private Co. Ltd. is merely a holding company, with a list of intended/posible business activities planned. As long as you structure company with majority of shares held by Thai shareholders, your company has virtually unlimited flexibility to pursue any number of activities.

The core company - as of the moment it is created, needs a Managing Director (President, CEO, General Manager - whatever), to hire other employees, prepare business plan, oversee financial management, be responsible for profit and loss, and - ultimately - protect the interests of the shareholders. The work permit application can be worded exactly that way - and it will fly.

Good luck!

Steve Sykes

Managing Director

Indo-Siam Group

Bangkok

[email protected]

www.thaistartup.com

I am interested in starting a company Ltd.

Can it be setup so that it will be able to do different kinds of business?

I have my internet work in my own country and would like to have a company here so that i can bill my customers from here.

My wife and i are also busy with real estate and a clothing wholesale business.

What should be on the workpermit?

"Manager" of this company. Is that sufficient or do you have to be more precise?

Thoughts on this much appreciated.

Jean

Khun Jean:

If I were you I would separate a few things.

1. Your Internet work from...(NL right?); set up an offshore company which can invoice your customers...withdraw money whenever you please. You'll safe a lot of taxes and problems, like money coming into 'Far East'. (only use it when you need it)

2. real Estate; set up a company in your wife's name (she is Thai, right?) and a second entity in wholesale.

If something goes wrong in either company, it will not effect the other(s).

LaoPo