Amount Of Finance Needed

Before to get a multiple non-imm O visa (marriage) in neighboring countries, i had to show 400,000 baht. Lat year i got one from my home country so didn't have to show any money.

I read on another forum the other day that to get a non-imm visa in say Laos, Cambodia or Malaysia you don't have to show that much these days - 100,000 is enough, is that true?

Thanks in advance.

You are talking about obtaining on the basis of having a Thai spouse? The one and only place that every required 400k was Singapore that I am aware of. They no longer provide multi entry. Other Consulates will normally issue with the normal marriage certificate/copy of ID card and a bank book with a reasonable amount of cash in it (100k should be enough - much less has worked for some).

Im flying out to Penang soon actually, do they issue in 24 or 48 hours?

Im looking at the calender, i'll be in Penang 6-8 July; the 7th and 8th are Buddhist holidays in Thailand - embassies close on such days?

Edited by ThaiEye

You apply morning of one day and get it back the next afternoon.

Penangs website is out of date and shows last years holidays but there was none listed in July. It would best to contact them to confirm holiday schedule.

Royal Thai Consulate-General, Penang

No. 1, Jalan Tunku Abdul Rahman, 10350 Penang, Malaysia

Tel.(604) 226-8029, 226-9484

Fax.(604) 226-3121,226-2533 E-mail : [email protected]

Most people use agents in Penang because it is much easier and the cost is about the same as taxi fare to and from the consulate. Here is a link to guest house that does it and has been reported as good. They can answer the holiday schedule question I am sure also. http://www.banananewguesthouse.com/

Thanks a lot Joe. The embassy only shuts on major holidays like Songkran and kings b-day.

I'll apply for a multilple there, since im going on holiday there anyway (already booked). If it doesnt work out, then ill head to KL.

Much appreciated.... :)

Edited by ThaiEye

Sorry, just to hijack a little, (save starting a new thread).

Would my pension of £680 a month satisfy the consulate for a Non-O on the basis of me having a Thai child ?

If so, which would be the nearest/safest bet ?

Thanks

Sorry, just to hijack a little, (save starting a new thread).

Would my pension of £680 a month satisfy the consulate for a Non-O on the basis of me having a Thai child ?

If so, which would be the nearest/safest bet ?

Thanks

A letter from your embassy confirming your income would work. But it would be best to have a bank book showing a little money and some transfers in as a back up.

KL or Penang are both good. It might be best to check with the agent I provided a link for to confirm the lastest info for Penang.