Tour Booking Recommendation

stopandstare

Hi,

Can someone guide me where can i book a nice and economic island day trip to Koh Larn(or any better "day-trip-only" island)?

I will be arriving in Bkk at 4pm or 5pm evening and straight away proceed to Pattaya by bus.

So i need to find a tour the same night for next morning.

i remember few years back my friend helped us to book at a "small cubicle tour office" by the road.

afraid that pattaya is very much difference now, then i would have a problem finding my tour as it would be already late when i reach pattaya.

or better still... do i need to book a tour??

No need to book. Just walk down to Beach road, right across from the Hard Rock Cafe hotel near Central Pattaya Road. Rent a speed boat for the day for about 1500 baht. Make sure you get one that lets you pick the beach you land at. Boats named Popey were OK as I recall and according to the photos I took. Had a great time my first trip there.

If you take the ferry, which is cheaper, they make you sit in the very crowded beach on the island. The beach on the north side is better and has all the same services. I have been to the island three times, twice by speed boat and once by ferry. Ferry is ok but slower and of course you have to get down to the end of walking street to the pier complex. As I recall I flagged down a baht bus on beach road soi 7, and for 100 baht he took us down to the pier. The ferry price was 80 or 120 baht each? I can't remember. I took the ferry in 2006. I took the speed boat on my first trip in 2004 and again in 2007. Each method has its pros and cons.

Chok Dee.

stopandstare - when you take the ferry - you actually have choices - one goes to the main pier at Koh Larn or you can take the other boats that go around to the far side. Price difference only. Why you would want to take a speed boat if you are not going with a group doesn't make sense to me - and they take you to the beach that pays them commission!!

Enjoy your day