Opening A Business Account

It looks like my love affair with Bangkok Bank is coming to an end.

Can anyone recommend a good bank to open a business account for a Thai company ?

Kasikorn, Siam Commercial... can anyone share any experiences ?

It looks like my love affair with Bangkok Bank is coming to an end.

Can anyone recommend a good bank to open a business account for a Thai company ?

Kasikorn, Siam Commercial... can anyone share any experiences ?

Always found SCB a reasonably good bank to deal with

There are about a gazillion prior threads on Thai banks - bank experiences galore and all at your fingertips:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/search.html&...e=%2Bwhich+bank

This was the 1st thing I tried, but nearly every thread started with something along the lines of "Can a Farang open bank account in Thailand".

Im looking for a bank that has a good reputation for looking after business's. The word being business friendly, not necessarily farang friendly.

I was hoping there may be some fellow business owners on TV that could share some advice.

I have a business and private account with Bangkok Bank - they have always been OK, so maybe you just struck an incompetent teller or indifferent manager.

They seem keen to do business - arranged a loan through them and their regional loans manager (we are talking upcountry) offered more if needed.

I have a business and private account with Bangkok Bank - they have always been OK, so maybe you just struck an incompetent teller or indifferent manager.

They seem keen to do business - arranged a loan through them and their regional loans manager (we are talking upcountry) offered more if needed.

Thanks but I want to move away from Bangkok Bank.

Its not about a particular teller or manager, it a multitude of things. Im sure they are great "upcountry", but im not a fish farm in Issarn looking for a 10,000 baht loan.

Im looking for a good bank who is prepared to look after a company that brings in 8-10 million baht per month of foreign currency.

I dont need favors, just a bank who is keeping up with the times.

I started with UOB for my business and wasn't happy. No online banking, didn't like the staff at my branch and overall not happy.

I just switched to SCB and have been mostly happy. The staff at my branch said there was no business online banking which confused me because their website says there is. I have SCB personal and have online. In the end we called the main office and they said yes there is online banking and the local branch is wrong. I've found this happens and if you don't get the answer you expect it's good to go higher.

I use Standard Charter for my Hong Kong company and am very happy with that. Excellent online tools and personal service via email. I'm not sure what they offer in Thailand.

Also if you're processing payroll it pays to think what you staff likes because they all need to have an account at the same bank. Mine didn't like UOB and were split between SCB and K-Bank.