Thank You Hull

First of all I want to thank all the guys on this forum for all the help and advice given to me during the past three years, a big Thanks to you all.

I sent for my 12 month imm o on Monday afternoon and it came back just now 1pm Wednesday, I will be in the LOS 15 june 2009

I will be asking (searching first :D ) visa run questions in about three months time so if you want a quick holiday guys nows the time :)

Thank you again Hull Thai Consulate and thanks again (so many to mention) to you all :D

Steve

Good News. Don't forget you can get 15 months out of your Visa. :)

Thanks Lite Beer

Not a chance of me forgetting that little bit of advice :D

Umm... how do you get 15 months out of it? I'm just about to get my 12 month visa!

Many thanks :D)

Good News. Don't forget you can get 15 months out of your Visa. :)

Thanks Lite Beer

Not a chance of me forgetting that little bit of advice :D

Umm... how do you get 15 months out of it? I'm just about to get my 12 month visa!

Many thanks :D )

Better people than I will provide a more comprehensive answer but simply, you can enter Thailand up to the date of validity of the visa. The visa entitles you to 90 days stay and the determining factor is the immigration stamp.

At least that's how it worked for me.

Edited by Chaimai

Congrats on your new visa.

As already stated, a few days before your visa expires in June 2010, hop over the border and come back with your final 90 days.

About border runs: you can fly out or cross by land. Poipet, Mae Sai, Mae Sot and Sadao are the most popular (depending on where you live). You can turn around and come back into LoS immediately or you can turn your border run into a few days holiday. Air Asia do cheapies to HK, Singapore and KL.

If you are in Bangkok, I would use a reputable visa run company (like http://www.jackgolf.com/en/) rather than doing it yourself and being left to the mercy of the touts and scammers.

First of all I want to thank all the guys on this forum for all the help and advice given to me during the past three years, a big Thanks to you all.

I sent for my 12 month imm o on Monday afternoon and it came back just now 1pm Wednesday, I will be in the LOS 15 june 2009

I will be asking (searching first :D ) visa run questions in about three months time so if you want a quick holiday guys nows the time :)

Thank you again Hull Thai Consulate and thanks again (so many to mention) to you all :D

Steve

Good move Steve

Its nice to complement good service, once in a while and it helps others in need of advice

Dave

If yor are going to be near Bangkok you should check airasia.com for flights out and back for the date thay you need to make your border run. Buying them in advance you can get flights out and back to KL that are not much more than a organized border run costs.

If yor are going to be near Bangkok you should check airasia.com for flights out and back for the date thay you need to make your border run. Buying them in advance you can get flights out and back to KL that are not much more than a organized border run costs.

I really think the Thais are missing a trick here.

If they build a big warehouse somewhere between Bangkok and Pattaya and declared it "offshore territory" they could charge, say, 2,000 Baht a time to stamp your passport. This would save the Falang the time and trouble of visa runs plus they would generate a shed load of revenue.

I really think the Thais are missing a trick here.

If they build a big warehouse somewhere between Bangkok and Pattaya and declared it "offshore territory" they could charge, say, 2,000 Baht a time to stamp your passport. This would save the Falang the time and trouble of visa runs plus they would generate a shed load of revenue.

Already have it, it's called swapyboom, to bbad you must have a airticket. :)

You leave and re-enter the day before the enter before date on your visa and get another 90 days is how you stretch it to 15 months.

ubonjoe

:)

Do you have to leave and return by air or can you do a road border crossing?

A good idea but I can't see all the people who make a living out of visa run's would be very chuffed.

Brigante7.

I am sure the guys who great big, gas-guzzling cars weren't too chuffed either when THEY realised that people no longer needed their sevices - evolution evolves :)

You leave and re-enter the day before the enter before date on your visa and get another 90 days is how you stretch it to 15 months.

ubonjoe

:)

Do you have to leave and return by air or can you do a road border crossing?

You can do it by land, air, or sea. It does not matter.

1.600 baht roundtrip, and no pictures/full page visas etc.