Bank Costs And Atm Fees

i have returned to bangkok for my regular 4 month visit.....as i dont like to carry too much cash i decided to make my withdrawal from the ATM at the airport for my deposit on my apartment.

i took out 20,000 baht and 15000 baht as the limit is 20.

when i checked my bank statement online th efollowing day i was horrified to see a total cost of

$18 nzd ( new zealand )

$14 nzd

150 baht x 2 atm fees and my own bank fee of $6 per transaction...thats a whopping $ 58 nzd to take out 1500 buks.....

is that standard or is something wrong here can anyone help or suggest what i do....i cannot keep taking out smaller amounts and keep losing this kind of money.

cheers ive re posted in that forum,,,its crazy.......the banks and govt are the worst offendes in any recession, just cos we can afford to come on holiday doesnt mean we dont have to watch our spending....exchange rates lower, higher prices and now more bank fees well over 2000% increases......such a greedy world we live in

i have returned to bangkok for my regular 4 month visit.....as i dont like to carry too much cash i decided to make my withdrawal from the ATM at the airport for my deposit on my apartment.

i took out 20,000 baht and 15000 baht as the limit is 20.

when i checked my bank statement online th efollowing day i was horrified to see a total cost of

$18 nzd ( new zealand )

$14 nzd

150 baht x 2 atm fees and my own bank fee of $6 per transaction...thats a whopping $ 58 nzd to take out 1500 buks.....

is that standard or is something wrong here can anyone help or suggest what i do....i cannot keep taking out smaller amounts and keep losing this kind of money.

Welcome to the world where the banks are the reason for the financial crisis we are in.

The same banks that are helped by various governments.

And the same banks who then start to grab money from everybody on a scale that might be called criminally obscene.

Banks and insurance companies, everywhere in the world, are legalised criminal organisations.