Health Insurance For Thai Girlfriend

srs

Hi all,

I would like my Thai girlfriend to have health insurance and would like to know if anybody does have any experiences with that.

Currently she is a student (I don't know if this makes a difference) but soon she is going to focus on a fulltime job doing her studies part-time.

Is there any flexible plan (maybe payable monthly) that you know of.

Does not have to be a fancy plan that covers the top hospitals.

I just want to have some amount of security that if somethings happens and she has to stay at the hospital the insurance will take care of it.

Thanks a lot

Hi all,

I would like my Thai girlfriend to have health insurance and would like to know if anybody does have any experiences with that.

Currently she is a student (I don't know if this makes a difference) but soon she is going to focus on a fulltime job doing her studies part-time.

I just want to have some amount of security that if somethings happens and she has to stay at the hospital the insurance will take care of it.

Thanks a lot

There is no problem with Thai's taking Medical insurance - likewise students.

All policies are flexible as they only last a year then can be upgraded if you wish. However for the 'low cost' plans there is not a monthly pay option.

May we suggest you contact Thai Visa Insurance for different options / quotations ?

http://insurance.thaivisa.com/quote-form

Hi all,

Thanks a lot

Yes Thaihealth is good from small simple plan to exclusive one.

Two well know Thai insurance companies that have easy to understand English language web sites are wwwbupathailand.com

(look at the rates and coverage offered in PERSONAL and PLATINUM) for in patient - (you can consider out patient but it might not pencil out)

and at http://www.thaihealth.co.th/product_simply_eng.php

http://www.bupathailand.com/pdf/personal_t...of_benefits.pdf

It does not cost any more and in my experience (I have had two years for the family with Thai Health Insurance and then two years with BUPA Thailand) an insurance BROKER who is a native speaker of your language will make a huge difference. I did all the applications via e-mail for both companies and worked with a great broker in Phuket who was recommended by a hospital insurance department. Since then I have been 100% satisfied with the broker and he arranges for other insurance in Thailand for our family.

Insurance in Thailand is NOT the same as most Western Nations and the Insurance Broker will guide you through he process.

Fancy hospital is a relative term, she might qualify for free government health care. But for a modest sum BOTH companies offer realistic insurance, EASY for a Thai person to USE, best explained in Thai language writing and verbally in Thai by your

insurance broker who might be bi-lingual. A good broker can e-mail you information and the policy in English and mail it to her in Thai. Both web sites have good information, a list of hospitals and clinics where she could receive coverage.

When you purchase a policy through the broker, the broker will make sure you or her receive the membership card, instructions in Thai and English and can answer any of her questions.

As Thaivisa insurance and other posters in the insurance industry have posted, a life insurance policy with some hospitalization benefits is NOT a good value.

A plan will list the amount paid on the particular policy for hospital fees and that can determine how "fancy" of a hospital you could consider. The "hospital room category" can make a "fancy hospital" affordable if you are not in a VIP room.

Good luck and I applaud your quest to seek a health plan for a loved one. My main gripe with "fancy" hospitals is when you are paying cash ( a not covered procedure or visit) or have "limits" on out patient pharmacy drug costs in a insurance policy, you can easily exceed a limit with a bag of pills from the hospital pharmacy.

Thanks everybody for the answers.

I am going to check every website/plan mentioned.

This is new for me.

My "farang" insurance takes care of everything but certain dental procedures.

I don't have to worry about how many percent of a treatment or which parts of the treatment are going to be payed for by my insurance.

An expensive but convenient Western European accomplishment. ;-)

So, thanks again.