Advise Please With Connecting To The Internet!

Bongo

Hi Everyone

Must say this is a great site, been reading old posts for many weeks now. Time for my first post! :o

I currently use a Sony Vaio Z1 XSP laptop and a Sony T630 mobile phone, i want to get a internet connection up in the N East of Thailand on my next visit.

Can someone in the Know, please have a look at the specs of my laptop and phone and please advise me how i can get connected! My laptop and phone are both Bluetooth and the laptop has Integrated Wireless LAN 802.11g

Many Thanks :D

......up in the N East of Thailand...

If you'll be constantly on the move, bookmark and check this link: http://www.wifinder.com/index.php

Certainly, people in the local area where you will be staying, can provide more up-to-date information.

(Note - While Sony claims a 5 hour battery operation for this laptop model, that will be reduced drastically when using a wireless connection. A second battery may be desireable if your planning heavy WiFi usage between recharges.)

cheers

:o

Edited by waldwolf

Your phone is GPRS capable so what I would suggest is establishing GPRS services through either AIS or DTAC and trying it where you are now. I am in the rural NE part of Thailand and your options are very limited here. I know of no WiFi spots but do use GPRS regularly as my connection to internet.