Usa Visa Recommended Lawyers

Actually the visa is for the USA, and i am back to the US right now, so i have to do everything from here :)

I wouldn't bother with a lawyer (OK, I didn't when I went through the process in 2006). Got all the help I needed from visajourney dot com. Lots of help there and guides to get you through the process.

John

Why , you can do it yourself , Just go on the British Embasy bangkok it will tell you what to do ,

The OP asks about recommendation's for a lawyer for a US Visa, so probably wouldn't be best go to the British Embassy :)

That said the principal may be the same, visa sections at embassies usually provide sufficient advice regarding the requirements for visas, and it's just a case of addressing all the requirements about the visa being applies, I suspect that the US is no exception.

I suppose it all depends on the confidence of your girlfriend with the application process, especially if you are currently overseas.

Edited for typo

Edited by theoldgit

My Thai wife and I were married Feb 08 and live in Australia, she has provisional Aust residency. She applied for US tourist visa 6 days, as we were doing a trip around the world. She has lived in Aust for one year and has been doing English classes all that time.

Her US visa was refused as they said there was not enough tying her outside the US. She is 41 and we have no need for her to work. How do you prove ties outside US.

The 3 people I have watch get a visa to the US or try getting a visa using a lawyer have not had the best of results. You will have to do the majority of the work yourself and all they do is check for errors.

A friend finally got his Philippino wife to the states took almost 2 years, some problems lawyer set on paper work for a while before sending it in, immagration lost paper work and it went on and on. Another friend thought having a lawyer would have some influnce on the process no never happen.

A Thai friend living here in the states paid a lawyer 5,000 dollars to help apply for a green card after 2 years it turned out the lawyer filled wrong paper work Darla was basiclly told you better leave now or ICE will be paying you a visit. She was gone 5 days later and out 5,000 dollars.

One friend between him and the Thai girlfriend did all of the paper work themselves no problem. After she graduated university she applied for a tourist visa it was denied because of no job to come back to. That was in may they decided to go the fianca visa route. Between him and her and he was in the states she was here by Aug. and married by Oct.

My friend who took two years was pulling his hair out on a few occasions. I don't know what the lawyer charged but not sure if he got what he expected. Good luck

Smurf384, best bet would be to ask the Embassy or consulate what they want afew more years of marriage and living in Australlia more than likely. The mentallity is cannot trust those asian women they all want to come to the USA and stay.

My Thai wife and I were married Feb 08 and live in Australia, she has provisional Aust residency. She applied for US tourist visa 6 days, as we were doing a trip around the world. She has lived in Aust for one year and has been doing English classes all that time.

Her US visa was refused as they said there was not enough tying her outside the US. She is 41 and we have no need for her to work. How do you prove ties outside US.

Did you provide docmunetation showing your ties to Australia? That helps since you are married and will be traveling together.

Has she made any trips back to Thailand since she came to Australia. Proof of those would help.

You should write a good cover letter pointing all these out and provide some supporting documents.

An intenerary of you trip would help also. You don't have to have the tickets just a schedule of your flights hotels and etc.

Just about anything you can think of that would prove she has no intention of remaining in the US.