Windows 7 Will Be Available Without Ie In Europe

yeti

I never had a problem using SCB Easy Internet Banking with Opera, either I don't use the specific functionalities you are talking about, or it's compatible with Opera and not FF.

Anyway, more competition amongst browsers, whatever form it takes, will contribute to eliminate this kind of compatibility issues.

Opera is using the MSIE engine and has as to my understanding the same security issues.

Opera is using the MSIE engine and has as to my understanding the same security issues.

That is interesting, do you have a link for more info? SInce when has Opera used the IE engine?

Does it do that by default or does it require a plug-in to do it? Does that mean Opera can use ActiveX or VBscript or is it using some fancy Java work-around?

That is interesting, do you have a link for more info? SInce when has Opera used the IE engine?

Opera uses its own Opera Presto Engine and not based on IE. It does have a feature that allows Opera to automatically fix incompatible Web pages.

Hi.

It would be weird if Opera was to use the MSIE engine... because i can run Opera just fine without any trace of MSIE on my (Linux!) system.

However i, too, have faced these problems with a number of Thai websites, not only banking but many others that require some sort of log-in procedure - the error is that the page where you enter the username and password opens fine, however after you click "login" nothing happens. Those same sites usually work fine on IE (boyfriend's XP-powered laptop).

Hehe and my router, a D-Link, doesn't really like Firefox either. However it does work with Opera and Konqueror (and IE of course).

Kind regards.....

Thanh