What's Your Favourite Steak Cut?

thaigerd

Steak cut  

60 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Went out with some friends last night for having a steak. I was surprised about all different tastes...

For me I like tenderloin, what would be you choice???

Gerd

You need to put in more choices.

I like new york strips, flatirons, and skit steaks, the best, with ribeyes and flank steaks after that.

I am also quite fond of the Brazilian picanha, alcatra, and fradinho.

grain feed sirlion for me yum, 400 baht a kilo here. Just about to cook some

.....I can smell it right now :) , enjoy it.

Gerd

rib eye from villa from me. get them to cut it to your desired thickness, salt and pepper and roaring hot grill to seal all the juices in.

Filet Mignon is my favorite, I guess its also called Tenderloin. Never knew that until I looked it up!

Thick and large T-Bone.......grilled over open fire, well done (but not Thai beef........Thai beef makes me sick).

w/ backed potato and salad on the side......and iced tea.........I am hungry now.

My Thai friend sometimes comes home with a buffalo hump and we bbq it and it is without doubt the best bit of steak I've ever tasted - not sure what that's called in the business but to me it's a hump, and a bloody nice one too!

My Thai friend sometimes comes home with a buffalo hump and we bbq it and it is without doubt the best bit of steak I've ever tasted - not sure what that's called in the business but to me it's a hump, and a bloody nice one too!

BBQ Buffalo hump, that sounds pretty good to me!! :):D:D

Filet Mignon is my favorite, I guess its also called Tenderloin. Never knew that until I looked it up!

Thick and large T-Bone.......grilled over open fire, well done (but not Thai beef........Thai beef makes me sick).

w/ backed potato and salad on the side......and iced tea.........I am hungry now.

You must be rather queezy! I do understand you a bit though, some Thai beef dumped on plates masquerading as foreign food in Thailand are a disgrace - chewy, dry & tasteless - however, I love the raw thai beef salad - there's nothing more juicy and tasteful than that, apart from... BUFFALO HUMP - it's not a pure cut but the fat strains running throughout it add to the flavour massively and don't cause it to be chewy at all, this coupled with a fine corriander, sweet milk & garlic sauce and everything else on the bbq gets left alone literally! HUNGRYHUNGRYHUNGRY!!!

Maybe somebody here can enlighten me to the name of this cut so that others can try it, I swear by it, the sauce needs to be right though...

Maybe somebody here can enlighten me to the name of this cut so that others can try it, I swear by it, the sauce needs to be right though...

Sorry, no idea, but the thought of it gets my taste buds going!! :D:D

Certainly agree Wellington is wonderful!

Would like to know the Thai names for Ribeye, Tenderloin, Strip Loin and Top Sirloin. Actually, would like to know the Thai words for any and all cuts of beef. Really dislike pointing at pictures of a critter . . .

BH

Edited by BillH52

Well there is no way I am going to pay 1100 Baht for Imported Australian Steak! Nor would I venture down to Villa Mart and pay 29,900 Per Kg for Kobe Beef. But... The local rib eye fillet you get from Foodland at 280 Baht Per Kilo, cooked over a traditional charcoal fire should satisfy all but the most discerning connoisseur.

Buy it in one big lump and not in the single piece packages. That way you can have it as thick or thin as you like. I have even committed the cardinal sin of currying it - at that price why not?

Went out with some friends last night for having a steak. I was surprised about all different tastes...

For me I like tenderloin, what would be you choice???

Gerd

Your choices are limited. I would vote for T-Bone, that is my favorite.