Cant Book Thai Air

fezman

So I hear Thai airways is having problems, No wonder when you cant book a ticket on the net unless you are the card holder and traveling,

tryed to book for some friends and pay for there ticket but you cant unless your going .why cant they turn up with ID and get on the plane

this is stupid !! I rang the office and they said we have to come in to pay for them ,45 ks. there and 45 back then the same to take them to the airport tommorow ,no way ,just catch the bus.

Garbage done it often.

Thai, Royal Brunei, mainly with Air Asia, Air New Zealand, Qantas and Jetstar.

All in last 6 months.

Ya doing sumfin wrong matey.

No he isn't, many Airlines insist that for tickets purchased online or by phone the credit card holder must be one of the passengers, Thai is one of these airlines.

The was round it is, as they have told him, the card holder going to a Thai ticketing agent or to a travel agent.

There was a recent thread on this forum recently on this subject.

He is spot on, Thai will not allow you to pay by card over the net and not be present at check in, I went through this only a month ago, there solution was that I could go into there office and book and pay there, only problem was that they wanted to charge twice the net rate for the ticket ($1200au vs $2400au), way to get around it is to book through an agent. I used Thai Visa travel and found them great.