Door Bells: Anything Other Than 2 Chimes

Heng

Looking for something along the lines of a Kakadu or Rebell usb doorbell (programmable with 30+ different chimes, and you can add your own mp3 sounds/songs), only wired and of course fit for local current. All they have at the local Baan Chang, Home Pro, Homeworks, and Boonthavorn are the standard 2 tone chimes by 5 different companies (Panasonic, Bticino, Lumino, etc.). Need different tones for different entrances and for elderly folks in-house calling for assistance (and obviously don't want them all linked to the same sounding chime). Can go the alarm bell way as one different 'sound,' but that's hardly pleasant sounding.

Anyone seen them around, perhaps in an upper end gadget type store or perhaps Japanese imports shop?

:)

I can only suggest a 3 piece doorbell (wireless) from HomePro.

I had to buy 2 sets as I'm a long way from my front gate.

The bells (receivers) plug into any electrical socket throughout the house.

Cost around 800bt a set. Each "bell" has a choice of 24 tunes..... :)

Brand is Toshino, (Wireless Door Chime) 1 transmitter and 2 receivers, the transmitter is waterproof....... so they say.

Thanks G. I've seen those as well, and IME they don't last as long as the hard wired ones, the weak part being the transmitting unit, not the receiver. And that's with indoor use. That receiver unit would be perfect if only they made them to be hard wired.

:)

Sparkies like Crossey, may know how to hard wire them?

Probably more trouble than it's worth, but would need to examine the electronics to be sure.

Moved to DIY for longer visibility.

I have an eight inch bright red fire bell (door bell) in the car port that I can hear inside the house and anywhere on the 2 1/2 rai garden, works just fine but before I went to eight inch I tried the 6 inch and 4 inch ones and they all have very different sounds, maybe you could do something with that idea?

I have an eight inch bright red fire bell (door bell) in the car port that I can hear inside the house and anywhere on the 2 1/2 rai garden, works just fine .........

Bugger......... why didn't I think of that! A bloody firebell. :) I can't hear anything because all the doors are closed for running the A/Cs.

Rimmer, cost? :D