8th Annual Hua Hin.ch-am Golf Festival In August

sbk

• 2 weeks later...
Announced on the TAT website:
The festival for golf lovers at the heavenly seaside resorts of Hua Hin / Cha-am, Thailand

8 different courses ... 8 different challenges

fixed green fees at 8 hampionship courses* daily throughout August-September 2009

http://www.tourismthailand.org/news/content-2055.html

We went last year are off there again this year in August for a week. We have just booked a Play, Stay and Play at Imperial Lake View. They have some quite good offers.

A Play and Stay Mon-Thu is 1111Baht each, it includes green fee, room, breakfast the next day and for an extra 500Baht you can have another green fee. So for 3222Baht my wife and I each get a green fee, a one night stay, breakfast and another green fee the next day. Not a bad deal. For Fri-Sun the rate goes to 1800Baht.

They are also doing Green Fee, Caddy Fee and Golf Cart for 1799Baht and an extra 999Baht for a second guest but you have to share golf cart.

For the rest of the week we will be staying at some other hotel and will be paying the 800Baht green fee. Unless we can find another good deal like this one at another course.

• 5 weeks later...
Announced on the TAT website:
The festival for golf lovers at the heavenly seaside resorts of Hua Hin / Cha-am, Thailand

8 different courses ... 8 different challenges

fixed green fees at 8 hampionship courses* daily throughout August-September 2009

http://www.tourismthailand.org/news/content-2055.html

We went last year are off there again this year in August for a week. We have just booked a Play, Stay and Play at Imperial Lake View. They have some quite good offers.

A Play and Stay Mon-Thu is 1111Baht each, it includes green fee, room, breakfast the next day and for an extra 500Baht you can have another green fee. So for 3222Baht my wife and I each get a green fee, a one night stay, breakfast and another green fee the next day. Not a bad deal. For Fri-Sun the rate goes to 1800Baht.

They are also doing Green Fee, Caddy Fee and Golf Cart for 1799Baht and an extra 999Baht for a second guest but you have to share golf cart.

For the rest of the week we will be staying at some other hotel and will be paying the 800Baht green fee. Unless we can find another good deal like this one at another course.

Guys...I haven't been able to find a better deal during this period, so we have even booked to play Imperial Lake View again. I have just looked on their web site and see that the promotion is still there.

I'll put a little note here of where we play and the state of the courses etc. We are there from the 10th August.

I phoned Lake View a couple of months ago about their much publicised 1111 baht offer and got the reply:

"Thai people only - NOT FOR FARANG!"

Don't you just love it here in L.O.Z. - Land of Zenaphobia :) .

John45, I hope the The Imperial Lake View don't embarrass themselves when you turn up at reception next month.

• 2 weeks later...
I phoned Lake View a couple of months ago about their much publicised 1111 baht offer and got the reply:

John45, I hope the The Imperial Lake View don't embarrass themselves when you turn up at reception next month.

It's not the land of xenophobia. It's a wonderful land full of wonderful people.

But in this same land we do have to suffer from extremely wealthy and greedy and stubborn thai men who are indeed phobic about just about all the rest of humanity. Their eyes have baht symbols instead of irises, and if they can rob a tourist or any farang blind, they will. And if they can't it'd be better to lose their money than offer lower prices to certains sections of society.

Well, we have just checked in and quiried the not for farang.....they told us it is for THAI and FARANG WHO LIVE IN THAILAND so I guess that there was some thai-english mis-understanding, not exactly a rare event here!!!

We will play C and D tomorrow.

Glad to hear you got on OK!

I played C & D yesterday:

Front nine: "C" - 36

Back nine: "D" - 46

Talk about a game of two halves :D . Storm in a D-cup? :)

Hope you guys have a great time - don't get lost in the desert.

Edit: spelling

Edited by Marvo

I don't care what anyone else says, this sucks. It just isn't right and I have never heard any apologist explain it to where it was acceptable. In our country, it would be a huge lawsuit. Here it is acceptable. It is not.

I don't care what anyone else says, this sucks. It just isn't right and I have never heard any apologist explain it to where it was acceptable. In our country, it would be a huge lawsuit. Here it is acceptable. It is not.

Agreed.

It's just an indicator to how far Thailand is behind the world's developing standard of "acceptable thinking". In reallity, 40, 50, 60, 70 years ago, nations that we now consider as "civilised", were guilty of actions worthy of equal derision. The rest of the world has seen the error of many of those ways and has moved on, but Thailand is just stuck in an uneducated mire of outdated and unacceptable practices.

The sad part is that the train wreck of an education system in Thailand and the belligerence & xenophobia in the ruling powers means that things ain't going to change in my lifetime. With the aid of a G & T or two now and again, I try to not let it get me down though :D .

Agreed.

It's just an indicator to how far Thailand is behind the world's developing standard of "acceptable thinking". In reallity, 40, 50, 60, 70 years ago, nations that we now consider as "civilised", were guilty of actions worthy of equal derision. The rest of the world has seen the error of many of those ways and has moved on, but Thailand is just stuck in an uneducated mire of outdated and unacceptable practices.

The sad part is that the train wreck of an education system in Thailand and the belligerence & xenophobia in the ruling powers means that things ain't going to change in my lifetime. With the aid of a G & T or two now and again, I try to not let it get me down though :) .

Where can i get a copy of the book that outlines what 'acceptable thinking' is? Just want to make sure if i can qualify. Sarcasm aside, i quite like trying to be an individual in my life, not having to conform to what some people have seemingly arbitrarily decided is the way we should all think.

Thailand, like all nations has its credits and its not such good points. Now on the basis of taking your required thinking as being the correct way, just in theory, can you elaborate on how it is that thailand are so far behind this thinking?

Thailand is a developing nation, and by most indicators is a nicely positive nation that is doing pretty well in my opinion at moving forward. I've seen the country move forward in big strides, not necessarily all good ones to all people, but on the whole a far more positive nation than say the UK or the US, or many other european counties where laws and rules and regulations are the way of life.

Sorry, but i think what i read from you reflected much more on yourself, ie your ideas and thinking on the topic, than your target of thailand. Thailand is a very robust nation, and has a decent people dealing with all these rapid changes that more 'civilised' nations had the luxury of embracing over a far longer period of time, an easier prospect i believe.

Glad to hear you got on OK!

I played C & D yesterday:

Front nine: "C" - 36

Back nine: "D" - 46

Talk about a game of two halves :D . Storm in a D-cup? :)

Hope you guys have a great time - don't get lost in the desert.

Edit: spelling

Hi Marvo

Yes enjoyed it, we also went back and played there again on Sunday (16th) still 800Baht. This time I played off the ‘yellows’, what a difference…there is the 229Yd Par three and Par fours of 453 and 455 yards.

Out of interest we also played Springfield, that was ok and Palm Hills. We really didn’t like PH especially the greens which were just too fast and too bigger slopes on many of them. Back to feeding the fish with golf balls at Muang Ake tomorrow!!