Good Thai Women

G54

I've found this an interesting thread and would be interested in other peoples views. I'm one of these guys who discovered Thailand too late in life (I was over 60 when I first came here. I have had a couple of girlfriends (not bgs) both nearly 40 years my junior. Both were gooduns. The first I just gradually lost interest in (but still pay her kids school fees because I like them). The other I've heavily subsidised a year in OZ to improve her English and she is treating the subsidy as a loan and declares she will repay me. She may not be able to but she does mean it. She is enjoying life there and says that she may end up living there. By the way I lent her 400,000 Baht to help with her visa and as soon as she got the visa she couldn't wait to repay me. Both wanted marriage and it was me that backed away due to my western values about the age difference.

Currently I am seeing a beautiful 29 year old with a young daughter. She has 2 jobs and works about 16 hours a day to keep her daughter with her rather than being an absentee mother. All she has asked me for in 3 months was a few thousand baht for her parents when she visited home.

My dilemma is this: Every time I show interst in a lady and she responds, I am immediately suspicious and think "there can only be one reason why a beautiful young woman like her is interested in a fat ugly old Farang like me.... Most girls do refer to me as Jaidee and that could be a lot of the reason.

So this is all self defeating really and I suspect I will end up a sad old geezer living alone because of my suspicions.

Recently I have jeopardised the current relationship because of my cynicism and she has done nothing wrong.

Sorry I've rambled on a bit but I feel there must be a lot of guys out there in the same situation and I'd be interested in any comments or opinions

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've found this an interesting thread and would be interested in other peoples views. I'm one of these guys who discovered Thailand too late in life (I was over 60 when I first came here. I have had a couple of girlfriends (not bgs) both nearly 40 years my junior. Both were gooduns. The first I just gradually lost interest in (but still pay her kids school fees because I like them). The other I've heavily subsidised a year in OZ to improve her English and she is treating the subsidy as a loan and declares she will repay me. She may not be able to but she does mean it. She is enjoying life there and says that she may end up living there. By the way I lent her 400,000 Baht to help with her visa and as soon as she got the visa she couldn't wait to repay me. Both wanted marriage and it was me that backed away due to my western values about the age difference.

Currently I am seeing a beautiful 29 year old with a young daughter. She has 2 jobs and works about 16 hours a day to keep her daughter with her rather than being an absentee mother. All she has asked me for in 3 months was a few thousand baht for her parents when she visited home.

My dilemma is this: Every time I show interst in a lady and she responds, I am immediately suspicious and think "there can only be one reason why a beautiful young woman like her is interested in a fat ugly old Farang like me.... Most girls do refer to me as Jaidee and that could be a lot of the reason.

So this is all self defeating really and I suspect I will end up a sad old geezer living alone because of my suspicions.

Recently I have jeopardised the current relationship because of my cynicism and she has done nothing wrong.

Sorry I've rambled on a bit but I feel there must be a lot of guys out there in the same situation and I'd be interested in any comments or opinions

We get to that point where we feel suspicious of their motives too often and it can be a self-defeating scene. Sometime we have to get right back in there and start again and again and again. Will hit the jackpot one day - maybe :)

But for you to have paid out the sums you did was not good for you or for the rest of us. Makes yourself and others a target. Then we get more of the same as word spreads like wildfire that crazy Farang have money to burn, are all idiots and will give us 1000's.

We get to that point where we feel suspicious of their motives too often and it can be a self-defeating scene. Sometime we have to get right back in there and start again and again and again. Will hit the jackpot one day - maybe :)

But for you to have paid out the sums you did was not good for you or for the rest of us. Makes yourself and others a target. Then we get more of the same as word spreads like wildfire that crazy Farang have money to burn, are all idiots and will give us 1000's.

I didn't pay out that much, the point about the 400K was that she repaid it immediately. She is certainly not the sort who sees Farang as a soft touch and would not go round talking in that way. My point is I did it because I wanted to - I wasn't asked - because I respected the efforts she was making to inprove her live by her own efforts