Need Help With A Shelf...

ProdigalSon

I need a small shelf putting up in my condo and as I'm useless at DIY I was wondering if anyone out there can recommend someone to me. On a similar note, I'm thinking about having a wooden TV/wall unit designed to spec and put in, so if anyone has had similar work done I'd be grateful for a recommendation. Cheers.

Any one of the big building centers should help you. There are many premade shelving units that are easy to install. Draw a small sketch of what you would like and make a few measurements. Then, take it to a building center and ask someone. Shelving is probably the easiest thing to put up. The only tricky part is finding the supports behind the finished wall. You will need to bolt or screw into something solid. Books weigh a LOT and can easily pull out with just plasterboard as a backing. It might have to be floor standing to carry the weight, with just bolts into the plasterboard for balance.

I need a small shelf putting up in my condo and as I'm useless at DIY I was wondering if anyone out there can recommend someone to me. On a similar note, I'm thinking about having a wooden TV/wall unit designed to spec and put in, so if anyone has had similar work done I'd be grateful for a recommendation. Cheers.

Man, what guy cannot put a shelf up?? Are you trying to meet other men? There must be an easier way! Someone help this chap.

Man, what guy cannot put a shelf up?? Are you trying to meet other men? There must be an easier way! Someone help this chap.

It's more difficult than buying stuff online :)

Anyway - shelf problem sorted as 'someone' with a large drill and toolbox (apparently) has offered to 'put it up for me'.

It's more difficult than buying stuff online :D

Anyway - shelf problem sorted as 'someone' with a large drill and toolbox (apparently) has offered to 'put it up for me'.

Got it ProdigalSon, BTW can you help me with directions to Doi Boys? :)