Marrying A Thai Girl

Out of curiosity and before I embark on a full blown relationship with a Thai girl I require some information.

Say I married my Thai GF next summer, she is the same age as me, 30 and will graduate with a MBA Post Graduate in October.

What would be a reasonable timescale to bring her to the UK? Months, Years ??? Would she go for a settlement visa?

Also how much money do I need in my Bank Account? I own my own home and earn 40k a year, is this enough?

What are the biggest causes of getting knocked back?

Thanks in advance.

Would she go for a settlement visa?

It depends on what you both want. If it is your intention to live together in the UK, then yes, it is a settlement visa that she will require.

As for your other questions; each case is judged on it's own merits.

Assuming that settlement in the UK is what you both want, then you will basically need to show that:-

You are in a genuine relationship and intend to live together in the UK.

You can support and accommodate yourselves without recourse to public funds.

You may find Maintenance and accommodation and Chapter 13 - Settlement : Fiance(e)s, proposed civil partners, spouses, civil partners, unmarried and same-sex partners useful.

Brian,

It is worth thinking ahead regarding proving a genuine relationship exists - I had hardly any pictures of the two of us together as one or the other of us usually took the photo. I was lucky in that I had phone records going back a few years to the same number which my wife still had when she applied for a visa.

It is worth taking pictures when you get the opportunity showing the two of you together in different places and at different times and also with her family.

Cheers

Orac

It's takes time to know them, so take you time, live in Thailand for I would at least two years seen how she handle the lifestyle of marry to a farangs, it can be a bit of a culture shock for the most season Thai Lady to leave family and friends to live in another country. Bottom Line: Take it nice and Slow :):D:D