Cleaning Babies Gums

foxnsquirrels

My son is 13 days old and i'm curious on how to clean his mouth/gums. He gets a white build up from the milk and I have trouble getting inside his mouth to wipe any out..

Any valuable tips?

Maybe your sons a bit too young but my missis got a little soft plastic glove thingy that fits over the top of a finger and has soft brushes on it like a toothbrush. Easy to clean round inside the mouth with.

Think she got it at Tesco but maybe any store with a baby department would have something similar.

:)

I think it's too early to use this little rubber gum cleaner, just give a bit of water to drink after feeding milk.

If you go to any store that has baby products including Lotus they have a little rubber gum cleaner that you put on your finger and massage the gums.

Just like others already wrote:

Give the baby some water to drink right after the baby has finished drinking milk.

Doctors and nurses tell you this while still at the hospital after the new little person has come through to this world.

Our baby was exclusively breastfed, therefore she didn't have any water until after her first birthday. The way we did it was by using a thin and very clean cotton towel slightly dipped in water (just to make sure it's not too rough on the gums). Covered an index finger and then using that covered finger to clean the gums gently.

Our baby was exclusively breastfed, therefore she didn't have any water until after her first birthday. The way we did it was by using a thin and very clean cotton towel slightly dipped in water (just to make sure it's not too rough on the gums). Covered an index finger and then using that covered finger to clean the gums gently.

Can I ask why a baby would not be given water ? A choice thing or ????