Schengen Visa For My Gf (already Hold A Uk Visa)

Hi all,

my girlfriend just got a Uk visa today and i was thinking to apply for a Schengen visa in order to obtain a new one and bring her and my daughter (double passport British and Thai) somewhere around Europe.

I should defenitely bring her to Italy (as I'm half Italian) but I'm a bit reclutant to go to the Italian embassy unless i will have to.

Does she has to go through all the process of getting a new Visa or will it be easier now that she's got the Uk one?

Which embassy could be easier considering my circumstances?

Is it possible to obtain such a Visa from the Uk?

I'm planning to visit Italy few days and France perhaps or Spain.

Any help will be much appreciated,

Thanks

If she is your girlfriend she must apply in her host country that is Thailand.

If she is your spouse and lives in the UK she may apply from here, so i would say the German Embassy have a quick turn round of applications in Bangkok.

Yes she is my girfriend as we are not legally married although we have a daughter under my last name and with double passport (thai and british).

Does the fact that she has a Uk visa help things or it won't make any difference?

Is the application the same or easier?

Will i be forced to go to Germany then or its not necessary?

Can i apply using english documents on the Germany embassy?

Thanks a lot for your help

Edited by kerr17

If she is your girlfriend she must apply in her host country that is Thailand.

If she is your spouse and lives in the UK she may apply from here, so i would say the German Embassy have a quick turn round of applications in Bangkok.

The OP said that he wants to visit Italy, France and maybe Spain, I thought that you were supposed to apply at the country you intended to spend most time in and had to demonstrate so, certainly the French Embassy want to see hotel and travel tickets before the issued the visa.

One agent actually posted this advice:

She must apply at the country she will spend the most time and demonstrate this to them. After this she may is free to travel anywhere some countries are quite strict at arrival.

If you can apply at any visa section and would have no problem on arrival it would certainly make things easier.

Technically you must enter via the country which issued the visa however we have had no problems entering via another country. We never even visited the country which issued it however the German Embassy has very quick turn around times at the moment. The rules do state that you must apply at the country you intend to spend the most time in then you may move around the EU freely. The Italian embassy may have quick turn round times anyway have you checked ?

Technically you must enter via the country which issued the visa however we have had no problems entering via another country. We never even visited the country which issued it however the German Embassy has very quick turn around times at the moment. The rules do state that you must apply at the country you intend to spend the most time in then you may move around the EU freely. The Italian embassy may have quick turn round times anyway have you checked ?

Yes i did and to be honest I'm very reclutant to go there as their stuff is really impolite and rude.

My question is: should i still go through exactly the same process of obtaining a new visa from scratch or would it be easier considering she already has a 6 months UK visa?

Can i use the same documents i did for the British embassy in the German one?

I guess i would need to translate many documents in Italian in the case i would pick the italian one.

Thanks again

Where is she now?

Schengen applications are supposed to be made in one's country of residence; in her case this would be Thailand. If she is in the UK as a visitor then I don't think she can apply in the UK. However, it may be worth checking with the appropriate embassy in London.

For an example of what is required, see Visa Information in English from the German embassy in Bangkok.

Edited by 7by7

Where is she now?

Schengen applications are supposed to be made in one's country of residence; in her case this would be Thailand. If she is in the UK as a visitor then I don't think she can apply in the UK. However, it may be worth checking with the appropriate embassy in London.

For an example of what is required, see Visa Information in English from the German embassy in Bangkok.

We are in Thailand right now.

I think i will opt for the German embassy.

One more question does the visa granted from the German embassy has fix dates (the one we asked for) or the will give a standard 3 months?

Remember your GF has a visa for the UK, but if you leave the UK and go out to Europe on a Schengen Visa, then if you and your GF want to return to the UK, she might be refused unless she has a multiple entry Visa, as she would have used her Visa upon entering the UK the first time.

So you should fly to the UK from Thailand, but return to Thailand via a European City.

Remember your GF has a visa for the UK, but if you leave the UK and go out to Europe on a Schengen Visa, then if you and your GF want to return to the UK, she might be refused unless she has a multiple entry Visa, as she would have used her Visa upon entering the UK the first time.

So you should fly to the UK from Thailand, but return to Thailand via a European City.

Actually her visa says Multi valid from June to December

Visa EEA FP: Family member

I guess she can re-enter Uk after we travel abroad am i correct?

Actually her visa says Multi valid from June to December

Visa EEA FP: Family member

I guess she can re-enter Uk after we travel abroad am i correct?

Yes she can enter the UK as many times as she wishes providing that she leaves before the visa expires.

Most visas for the UK are multi entry, though of course the visa holder has to satisfy the Immigration Officer at the port of entry that the reason for the visit is still valid, which actually means there have been no material changes since the visa was issued.

Hi all,

my girlfriend just got a Uk visa today and i was thinking to apply for a Schengen visa in order to obtain a new one and bring her and my daughter (double passport British and Thai) somewhere around Europe.

I should defenitely bring her to Italy (as I'm half Italian) but I'm a bit reclutant to go to the Italian embassy unless i will have to.

Does she has to go through all the process of getting a new Visa or will it be easier now that she's got the Uk one?

Which embassy could be easier considering my circumstances?

Is it possible to obtain such a Visa from the Uk?

I'm planning to visit Italy few days and France perhaps or Spain.

Any help will be much appreciated,

Thanks

I am a little confused, does your girlfriend have only UK visa or a passport too? In case she has UK passport, then no problem, she does not need Schengen visa. If she has only UK visa, it is no help in obtaining Schengen visa or in any other way. Check here, this site is pretty complex source of information. Schengen visa See the link "Schengen visa application", that link gives you a list of the stuff that you need to submit with your application and where to submit it. The link "Schengen visa form" provides downloadable forms. Where to apply? It depends. If your wife is located still in Thai and you have several months of time, it is better to apply for the Schengen visa here in Thai. It is also possible to apply in he UK, but it is more complicated and you need to satisfy some conditions, such as your UK visa must be valid for at least 6 months and you need at least 3 months time on it when you come back from the Schengen zone, etc. The fee is 60 EUR now and it takes some 6 weeks to get the Schengen visa. Good luck.