Sweet Corn Seeds

haier

There are dozens of varities - loads and loads - and all grow/perform differently deponding on the soil conditions/water/season blah blah, blah blah that they are cultivated in.

Monsanto offer a large variety - but caveat emptor: rural ag shops are flooded with counterfieted brand named hybrids from the big names as they well researched and developed for local conditions. If you're buying the expensive branded stuff - try to get it from a legit wholsaler versus a small rural shop.

I read in the past a topic about a Thai company somewhere in Kaoyai on the road to Bangkok that was helping for the seeds and even was buying the products from you.

There was a full calculation about the costs and return per rai for sweet corn.

i have been searching the forum but I can't find it any more.

Perhaps somebody else can find this threat about sweet corn, the thai company (with tel no) the return per rai,...

I myself would also be interested to find the name and tel no of this company again.

Hello importford, there's a small ag shop in Korat on the main Hwy at the corner of the street that goes to the 'old' bus station that supplied the seed/chems/fert for growing sweet corn for canning for export, you the costs were deducted from your your profit(ha ha) when you sold your harvest to them. The cutback on EU canned corn may have stopped this. I walked past there Sat and they still have the corn add, but no flyers.

Going E. past The Mall you go straight at the 'Y',(left is to Big C/new bus station) at the first R/H turn you can make after going through the 'Y' leeds to the old bus station. You need to make a U and head back to The Mall, the shop is about 50 feet from the corner, its part of the 3 shop building at the corner, the 4th building has a yellow marque, they sell Glocks and Colts.

My BIL sister grows 100rai in PC, they rotate with corn, but dry for feed, the rent from the guy that owns Bonanza Resort on the S side of the Hwy.

rice555