"dont Have Sex On Valentines Day "

pautai

Thai teenagers warned not to have sex on Valentine’s Day

ROI ET, Feb 14 (TNA) – Thai teenagers who planned to have their first sexual relationship on the Valentine’s Day should think twice, a senior provincial government doctor has warned.

Premature sex could lead to other social problems, including teen pregnancies and the transmission of infections and diseases associated with unsafe sexual intercourse, according to the director of Roi Et provincial hospital, Dr. Wichit Wongsathana.

First sexual encounters on the Valentine’s Day has become popular with Thai teenagers in recent years.

But this is against Thai traditions and could lead to serious social problems, including abortions or single parents, he warned.

Thai youngsters should not allow passionate love to replace/overshadow unconditional love for family and society as a whole, Dr. Wichit said.

Instead, people should practise love and good-will in the Thai meaning of love and care, he said.

The HIV infection rate among Thai teenagers has risen significantly in recent years because they are sexually active, but do not understand or practice safe sex, according to government statistics and surveys. (TNA)--E112

ROI ET, Feb 14 (TNA) – Thai teenagers who planned to have their first sexual relationship on the Valentine’s Day should think twice, a senior provincial government doctor has warned.

Premature sex could lead to other social problems, including teen pregnancies and the transmission of infections and diseases associated with unsafe sexual intercourse, according to the director of Roi Et provincial hospital, Dr. Wichit Wongsathana.

First sexual encounters on the Valentine’s Day has become popular with Thai teenagers in recent years.

But this is against Thai traditions and could lead to serious social problems, including abortions or single parents, he warned.

Thai youngsters should not allow passionate love to replace/overshadow unconditional love for family and society as a whole, Dr. Wichit said.

Instead, people should practise love and good-will in the Thai meaning of love and care, he said.

The HIV infection rate among Thai teenagers has risen significantly in recent years because they are sexually active, but do not understand or practice safe sex, according to government statistics and surveys. (TNA)--E112

Well when the government do things like installing condom machines in university toilets and then after remove them as they were decided to be 'inapproprate' then no wonder the rate of infectious diseases goes up.

There's no point in telling teenagers not to have sex, you just have make sure they do it safely, but if your in a high status position and give the impression that condoms are 'inapproprate' then what the ###### do you expect???

I think Dr Wichit needs to sort his/her prioritys out.

(I don't have a link for the condom story, I did read it somewhere sometime ago)

hmm, strange - so far only one reply here ! seems to be one of the subject ingiting mass excitements and many pages plentifull comments ! what happened to all the regular members? or is it because this topic very fresh - started only today?

let's express our opinions about Dr. Wichit, folks ! as well as first sex on Valantine! perhaps first should be on some other day? or what other ideas and suggestions?

I recall watching one TV news report where plenty of free condoms were given away for free to the crowd.... seems like it is a huge concern for concerned people here in Thailand. it's a wonder that no any concern shown / expressed in this Froum and thread. don't all the expats care about prematurity of teens' sex, huh? :o

hmm, strange - so far only one reply here ! seems to be one of the subject ingiting mass excitements and many pages plentifull comments ! what happened to all the regular members? or is it because this topic very fresh - started only today?

let's express our opinions about Dr. Wichit, folks ! as well as first sex on Valantine! perhaps first should be on some other day? or what other ideas and suggestions?

I recall watching one TV news report where plenty of free condoms were given away for free to the crowd.... seems like it is a huge concern for concerned people here in Thailand. it's a wonder that no any concern shown / expressed in this Froum and thread. don't all the expats care about prematurity of teens' sex, huh?  :o

Good to see Dr Wichit is on the ball. Please let my children not meet him.

I asked the wife about this

Yes Valentine's day has/had become a sort of ritual coupling day

But I would want to know what Thais think/say about this...even the missus is no longer a teenager!! Though she has a nice view on it all...Thais say farangs are 'sex mad'..she says..'Where did 60m Thais come from?'!

Last year I was asked to give a short speech on Valentine's Day. While I was sitting around waiting to go on, one of my fellow teachers, who spoke good English, told me to wait a bit, as the School Director was going to speak first. After she had been speaking for a few minutes he told me that she was lecturing the students to NOT use Valentine's Day as an excuse to loose their virginities! :-0

I hastily rewrote my speech, editing out any mention of Valentine's Day. 555

• 4 weeks later...

bad culture for thai lady now