Who Will Win At Assen?

snowflake

MOTOGP Who will win at Assen?   

11 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Now the MotoGp is getting more fun than some of the previous seasons..

Rossi, Stoner, Lorenzo each has 106 points. What will happen next?

Any predictions?

I know that most people would like to see Rossi to win again (He is the man)...

Am I right to claim that he must be one of the best motogp riders through the times? Regardless class?

He does now have 99 victories, will it be 100 in Holland?

C'mon, lets get a motogp debate on now.

Hi Snowflake, im not much into polls but i do think Rossi is on top form now, with bike set-up ect, hes got to be the nicest bloke in the paddock, win or loose, and the hardest tryer too, 2 races ago, he had 3 bike changes [wet race-dry race] crashed once, a 10 sec penalty and still continued to race,How many others would have done that? Ok, he came in last, but gave value for money,

Ive seen Rossi a few times over the years in various classes, his dad too, very impressive!!!

No rider is keen on the new Assen track, but its here to stay, and if Stoner gets better, Rossi will have a fight on his hands,

Im going for Rossi to win,

Being a brit, as for the most winning rider, Joey Dunlop, 26 times TT winner, Phil Read, double world champ in same year, Hailwood, winning TT after many years lay-off, others would be Doohan,Ago,Foggy,Pier Franchesco Chilli,Surtees[still the only man to win 500cc and F1 WCs] and so on, to many to list!!!

My best marshalling moment was Snetterton in the late 60s, Hailwood was there at the Race of Aces on the Honda 297-6cyl, we were 2/3 of the way down the Norwich straight, he came past us on full chat, then snicking down the gears for the old hairpin, then screaming up the home straight to the bombhole,i can still hear it now,wonderful noise,and Read and Ago on the Augustas at other circuits, the Triumph and Beeza triples in the hands of John [mooneyes] Cooper and Percy Tait, Great days indeed!!

Sorry for running on a bit, Big bike racing is in my blood, and Rossi to win this year!!

Cheers, Lickey.

No mention of the late, great Barry Sheene? Forgotten him already?

Lorenzo was great and Valentino had to pull out all the stops to win. I think he is a far greater threat to The Doctor than Stoner.

Of course Barry Sheene, spoke to him on a few occasions, 1975 at Brands Hatch, Barry was still getting over his Daytona crash and Johny Cecotto was driving Barrys Rolls, i was on crutches at the time, Barry asked me what was wrong, i said same as you, nail down the femur, but not quite as fast as your smash, He said, come along to the Kentagon Bar tonight for a it of fun and drinks are on me, so we did, girls were getting there boobs out and Barry was writing Mild & Bitter on them and autographing there stomachs with a felt tip pen, True to his word, Barry stood the drinks that night,

It was a Shellsport 500 race meeting, and in the paddock i got to sit on Phil Reads 500 MV Augusta, that bike was tiny compared to my Trident,

Sheene was a geezer with a great personality, and got bikes on the box, Plenty on Youtube if anybody wants to see, also Hailwoods 297-6 Honda, Agos MVs ect, great soundtracks,

Lorenzo threat to Rossi? well, could be, but again, Lorenzo was on home turf last time out, Stoner was sick, and dont forget ex WSB champ Edwards goes well at Assen,

PS, sorry for not mentioning Bazzer, i just love the sound of 4 stroke bikes,

I think that Lorenzo is too young to have the experience that makes him a large threat to Rossi. But then again, the new guy is hungry, wants to kick the old man of the top... Good motivation!

Still, with all the names you come up with, I have to say that I think Rossi must be up there in the top 2 in history. But it is difficult to say as bikes and times change everything.

We have to give Rossi 10 out of 10 for trying in the Wet Dry Wet race where he fell off and still finished!