Car Service / Repair

Quest

Hi folks,

New here and seeking advice on reputable car service in Phuket.

I have a persistant problem dating back a year or more: A strange noise increasing in pitch as the speedo climbs above 50 kph. I thought wheel bearings or gear noise. Everyone I've gone to (4 or 5 shops including the Toyota dearlership) cannot seem to diagnose the problem. I know I need to replace a CV joint and front disc brakes but that's recent stuff. I would dearly like to find someone, somewhere, who can determine the origin and the fix that darn noise problem at the same time.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can point me to the wizard.

Hi folks,

New here and seeking advice on reputable car service in Phuket.

I have a persistant problem dating back a year or more:  A strange noise increasing in pitch as the speedo climbs above 50 kph.  I thought wheel bearings or gear noise.  Everyone I've gone to (4 or 5 shops including the Toyota dearlership) cannot seem to diagnose the problem.  I know I need to replace a CV joint and front disc brakes but that's recent stuff.  I would dearly like to find someone, somewhere, who can determine the origin and the fix that darn noise problem at the same time.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can point me to the wizard.

I've had nothing but good luck with the Mazda dealership. Recently - had bad wheel bearings - they new instantly from my description of the sounds and speed (I knew already) and also recently had a problem with a rubber gasket grommett thingy on the tie rod connection thing . . . - anyway I knew what the problem making the noise was and the guy guessed immediately as I began to explain. I think their "intake" guys are top notch at diagnostics. Also - have had great luck with them NOT trying to sell me things I don't need. They don't have perfect English skills - but they do know cars and if you can imitate noises and point to the speedo - and approximate where the noise is coming from (and laugh a bit) - my guess is they can find it.

Good luck!

Edited by JennyJJ