Cheap And Safe Hotel/hostel In Bkk

JXXXL

A friend's son is visiting Thailand as part of a world tour. His mother asked me to look after him while he's here (that may be a mistake :o ), and I've been asked to recommend a cheap and safe hotel/hostel. I'm not worried about CM, but I have no idea where he should stay in BKK. He's young and seems to prefer the hostel scene.

Can someone please recommend something?

A friend's son is visiting Thailand as part of a world tour.  His mother asked me to look after him while he's here (that may be a mistake :o ), and I've been asked to recommend a cheap and safe hotel/hostel.  I'm not worried about CM, but I have no idea where he should stay in BKK.  He's young and seems to prefer the hostel scene.

I only stayed in a hostel once on Khao San rd years ago, it was blo0dy awful!!

But looking on the web, this place seams to have a fair few recomendations:

Sukhumvit 11, hostel

A friend's son is visiting Thailand as part of a world tour.  His mother asked me to look after him while he's here (that may be a mistake :o ), and I've been asked to recommend a cheap and safe hotel/hostel.  I'm not worried about CM, but I have no idea where he should stay in BKK.  He's young and seems to prefer the hostel scene.

I only stayed in a hostel once on Khao San rd years ago, it was blo0dy awful!!

But looking on the web, this place seams to have a fair few recomendations:

Sukhumvit 11, hostel

Shola, thanks for that. The experience you had is exactly what I'm worried about.

Cheers

Edited by JXXXL

Within KSR its often booked out, especially when arriving in the evening. It's pretty

loud there too. The better choice would be anywhere around KSR. For example

some of the sois along Samsen Road (five min from KSR).

Don't wory about "safety" as its largely the same where ever you stay in Bkk.

I agree with the shout for Suk 11.

Its a very decent place which is ideal for first timers especially as its away from the KSRd comfort bubble. They will learn how to handle BKK a lot faster here than on KSrd. Its a very sociable place and travellers still communicate with each other there. Soomething which is all too rare these days.

JXXXL,

i go along with putting him up in Khaosan, sure some of the guesthouses are a bit rough but some are ok aswell.

plus he will have a good chance to meet some other young people while he is there, and contrary to popular opinion not everyone there is a wannabe hippie.

try dnd inn or one of the sawasdee places, they tend to be quite good.

Rolo