Whats Your Favorite Pub?

sbk

Since this IS farang pub I thought I'd ask; whats your favorite pub? Where is it and why do you like it?

I hope one can have more than one favorite.

One favorite is Larry's dive, good food and no cola hounds Soi 22

Another favorite is Silver Dollar, plenty of stories, lies and jokes to keep you entertained, cola hounds behave most of the time (Washington Square)

Another favorite Beer Garden, soi 7 Good food cheap prices and a show(sort of) people from all walks of life from dozens of countries make ummmm... you go see. I dont know what to call it.

Another favorite is Morning Night Soi Nana, great pool tables, cold beer and hot ladies of the night. No keepers but lots of fun.

Gullivers soi 5 for all the reasons above except for the prices.

Have to admit one of my favs is the Buss Stop, half way down Soi 3 near the Omni, Bkk,

Though it's open air, it's walled-off on the street side reducing noise.

With lots of greenery, it's a lush, refreshing respite for lunch, dinner or pre-drinks before heading out where ever.

They've added a second open air level above the bar.

With two hostesses in formal evening dresses at the entrance you may think it's too classy or reserved, but it's very casual and comfortable, plenty of hanging TV's for sports and news, no pool tables and little riff raff. :)

I drink in the Crossbar.

Initially so because it is convenient to go to straight from work, although now I know most of the regulars in there and so it has become my local.

:) Yes, same for me close to work, but now know so many people in there it's just like a local. I also like to pop in to Soi 8 as well from time to time. Both pubs are good, and the owners are ver hospitable people.

Another favorite Beer Garden, soi 7 Good food cheap prices and a show(sort of) people from all walks of life from dozens of countries make ummmm... you go see. I dont know what to call it.

Shark Tank, beware some of them bite and i mean the hounds and customers alike :)

Penalty Spot, Robin Hood both close by.

Since this IS farang pub I thought I'd ask; whats your favorite pub? Where is it and why do you like it?

I hope one can have more than one favorite.

One favorite is Larry's dive, good food and no cola hounds Soi 22

Another favorite is Silver Dollar, plenty of stories, lies and jokes to keep you entertained, cola hounds behave most of the time (Washington Square)

Another favorite is Morning Night Soi Nana, great pool tables, cold beer and hot ladies of the night. No keepers but lots of fun.

Gullivers soi 5 for all the reasons above except for the prices.

Been in all of those and hate all of them and would never go to any of them again with the possible exception of Silver Dollar for a boys night out and include one or two of the other bars in Washington Square

used to go to a few pubs in Canada..BUT after I "discovered" Thailand several years ago..I NEVER go to pubs in farang land..reasons? same sad faces..expensive..no time..and I don't hang in pubs in LOS

For a quiet few drinks in pleasant surroundings, the Huntsman in The Landmark fits the bill. Bulls Head also good on Sukhumvit Soi 33/1, and The Dubliner near Washington Square. Good food in all these places too, except the Dubliner.

I have to say the UN Irish Pub in Chiang Mai. No bar girls, they don't pad the bill, the owner (the one I know) is a decent guy who speaks his mind and lets you know where you stand and the staff is friendly.

Seconded. I like The Writers' Club too.

In BKK - The Bull's Head (Suk 33/1); TuBa (Eka 21); Wong's (Ngam Dupli); Mokka (Lang Suan); Gazebo (Suk 1), Skytrain (Rang Nam), Raindogs and, er, Electric Blue :)

And Saxophone, also close by.

Never really liked Saxophone. I think it's because of the the bloody pillars that obscure the stage wherever you sit. I do like the saxophone-shaped beer mugs though.

Edited by polecat

polecat has quite a few favorite pubs. as does dan, I see :)

Yup, sorry about that. Got carried away. If I had to plump for one, I'd say...

dam_n, you know what? I don't think any of those places are what I'd really call a favourite bar. I don't think I have one in Bangkok. These are just places I go to. Can't say I'd miss any of them terribly.

So, I'll go with The Writers' Club in CM. I moved down to BKK 3 years ago, and that's a place I genuinely miss.

When in need of good western food accompanied by a cold beer or red wine, I go to Moonshine Pub, Soi 22 Queen's Park Plaza. Need the AC for a break, pool table, clean restrooms, and best of all, no hassle ladies who don't just flag down a dek serve, they get up and get you what you need (that's right, they work!). Good bunch of locals easy to talk to.

jameson's on silom road,next to holiday inn.

reasons are as follows

close to work and home

cheap beer...food a bit pricy

4 new pool tables

lot of regulars there

the place is far from patpong so not much tourists and i like it quiet

often have beautyful cabin crew from emirates staying in holiday inn

lot of events going

and no bg