Are There Any Demand For Chinese Language Appreciation Classes In Chiang Mai?

I am a Singaporean and would like to spend 6 months to a year in Chiang Mai. I am proficient in both English and Chinese Languages. I shall have little problem in conducting Chinese Language Appreciation Classes to the farangs and locals in Chiang Mai in English.

At present, are there any language schools in Chiang Mai conduct Chinese Language classes and are there for any demand for such classes?

Will you be interested in picking up Chinese Language in the Thai Kingdom?

Edited by supergoondu

I am a Singaporean and would like to spend 6 months to a year in Chiang Mai. I am proficient in both English and Chinese Languages. I shall have little problem in conducting Chinese Language Appreciation Classes to the farangs and locals in Chiang Mai in English.

At present, are there any language schools in Chiang Mai conduct Chinese Language classes and are there for any demand for such classes?

Will you be interested in picking up Chinese Language in the Thai Kingdom?

The Confucius Institure at the CMU Language Institue holds Chinese classes for thais and thai speakers but I am sure would hold them for Enlish speakers if there was a requestfrom say at least 5 people.

I live on the south side of town with my three year old son. At his school students have the option to learn Chinese from age 11, I would actually like him to start soon while it would be easy and natural for him - he already speaks Tghai, northern Thai and English; all as a native. Next is Chinese! How do you fancy a weekend morning Chinese language playschool? This is what I am looking for for him in the very near future...

if something materializes and the price is right, send me a PM.

sooner or later I want to learn some Mandarin ( you say you teach "Chinese" but I assume it would be Mandarin and not Cantonese, Hokkien or whatever ^^ )

I'm a farang that speaks fluent Wu, I also read and write it fluently, I won't get into the details of how and why because I will probably get harassed by someone for it. If you are interested in this kind of thing let me know. Have you been to Chiang Mai before? I met a man from Singapore at a philosophy meeting that had the same interest as you.

if something materializes and the price is right, send me a PM.

sooner or later I want to learn some Mandarin ( you say you teach "Chinese" but I assume it would be Mandarin and not Cantonese, Hokkien or whatever ^^ )

I am good at Chinese, and I can give you some appreciation lessons on Cantonese and Hokkien as well (if you like to).

I'm a farang that speaks fluent Wu, I also read and write it fluently, I won't get into the details of how and why because I will probably get harassed by someone for it. If you are interested in this kind of thing let me know. Have you been to Chiang Mai before? I met a man from Singapore at a philosophy meeting that had the same interest as you.

What's Wu? You meant Hanyu? I am sorry I am wondering what this Wu language is.

I had been to Chiang Mai before and had stayed for 3 days, however that's 5 years back. For this upcoming trip, I intend to live a healthier lifestyle, relax my mind, networking and to plan for my next stage of life. The thought of having to do Visa run every 3 months has detered me somehow.

BTW, can I have a comfortable rental studio apartment near Chiang Mai night market at BT 8000/month?

I live on the south side of town with my three year old son. At his school students have the option to learn Chinese from age 11, I would actually like him to start soon while it would be easy and natural for him - he already speaks Tghai, northern Thai and English; all as a native. Next is Chinese! How do you fancy a weekend morning Chinese language playschool? This is what I am looking for for him in the very near future...

I would advise that you have your kid master Thai and English language first. Learning a foreign language at 3, and having little opportunity for your kid to learn, to listen and to use it, in no time your kid may lose interest and forget about the Chinese language.

Anyway if you need me to bring you some Chinese (with English explainations) pictorial, accessment books, do PM me.